+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 133931 cltm3 is an unknown quantity at this point cltm3's Avatar

Yes | No

P1349 ODB2 Cylinder Misfire w/ fuel cutoff Cause?

Coming home from work on Friday, my engine started running like Michael Moore in a marathon. The idle was extremely rough and when I gave it gas, the car had no power with massive "hiccups" coming from the engine. It threw a Check Engine light soon after.

Luckily I was on my road to my house so I shut off the engine and pushed it into the garage. Of course my roadside assistance has expired, so I am waiting for my AAA to kick in before I can get it towed to the dealer.

I finally got my ODB2 reader back from a friend and found the code to be P1349 Misfire Cylinder 4 with Fuel Cutoff. Any suggestions on the cause? I figure it may be a bad coil or injector, but am not familiar with the ECU's methodology when it starts to detect trouble.

Thanks...

Registered Member
    Member No: 149067 m_thrizzle is an unknown quantity at this point m_thrizzle's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: P1349 ODB2 Cylinder Misfire w/ fuel cutoff Cau

I had the same code. It is most likely due to a bad coilpack. You can get this replaced under the 8-yr warranty for this item.

Hopefully the dealer will change it out on your first visit. On my car, he moved the coil and the plug to different cylinders and I had to come back the following week after I tripped the light again.

did you find out what was your problem
    Member No: did you find out what was your problem's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: P1349 ODB2 Cylinder Misfire w/ fuel cutoff Cause?

did you find out what was your problem. i had the same problem i already changed pcv, cleaned icv, plugs, coils, disa valve.
    still having it, it only happens on idle

Registered Member
    Member No: 24397 Dyavalon is on a distinguished road Dyavalon's Avatar

Yes | No

Bad coil?

I had a coil that went out once, a few years ago. It ran just how you described. And eventually it fired up and ran great. I drove it home that day, 40 mile commute. Fast forward a few years and I had a CAT burned out. Driving it with a dead, or dieing coil is probably why.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information