+ Reply to Thread
    , ,

Yes | No

2002 install V6

Hello Group,
    I have a 2.5L GM V6 motor left over from a racing operation some years ago. Always a fan of the 2002 sedan and in awe of the power that this little V6 was capable of. My latest thought is to hang a 700R4 automatic on the back and slide it into a 2002. Has anyone seen or had any experience with this type of sacreligious swap?

jim s
    , ,

Yes | No

V6, interesting

That would be interesting. Do you own a 2002 now? I'm not a purist, so I wouldn't fault anyone for the imagination. I'm doing a later BMW all electronic 4 cyl m42 with 5 speed in my 76 2002 and a BMW 3.5 L6 in my 1970 240 Z. I'm sure you would have a great deal of power from the V6 and a decent fit. There is plenty of room until you try to fit the AT into the tunnel; that could give you some trouble. Anyway, I'd say it's a project, which, like any, will give you several problems to figure out. There are several sites that are dedicated to "hybridizing." I'd like to hear how it comes out. Good luck. Jim

, ,

Yes | No

Re: V6, interesting

I'm interested in a six cil. swap in my 76 o2. Any info would be helpful. thanks

Registered Member
    Rochester, newyork, United States
    Member No: 10683 cvstancampiano is an unknown quantity at this point cvstancampiano's Avatar
    Yes | No

Re: 2002 install V6

I remember seeing something about a Grand National turbo motor in an 02. There was some trouble with the headers hitting the tires and melting the rubber... Watch out if you have enough room for the exhaust. Placement of brake booster and steering box may be problems. Main issue is how to handle the extra engine weight. A nose-heavy 02 is not happy.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information