+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 6633 bobbo6 is an unknown quantity at this point bobbo6's Avatar

Yes | No

PPI in the Napa area anyone???

Howdy folks!

Yes, been a while, sorry but hanging on another board these days, 6er specific...

And speaking of which, I am taking a long hard look at a very pretty 88 M6 up in Napa! Looking to arrange for a PPI up there so it's easier on hte seller. Anybody have this done in the area and can direct me to the shop or location? Owner really does not want to drive it too far for this purpose, so please don't tell me about a great shop you know in Sactown, Viv :)

Cheers, Bobbo
    Cheers, Bob

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©39 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

Hey Bob, did you find a shop?

It's been so quiet here I haven't checked the messages in a while.

Viv
    Northern California
    2003 530i Steel Blue Metallic /Gray leather
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/Aux. adapter/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

Registered Member

Yes | No

Hey Viv! Why yes I did . . .

right in Napa, Alpina "auto repair", or whatever it is...

Turned out that not only did the car need plenty (88 M6), the owner did not even wash or vacuum out the car!!! So to say that I was disappointed would be an understatement :(

Long story short, decided that I did not need another project right now and was in no position to start sorting thru an M6 either. So, ole greeny is still with me, still "well sorted" in her own right and sitting in my garage, covered as usual :)

Some day I will "finish" the house and get back to what I love the most, playing with 6ers :)

Hope you are well!
    Cheers, Bob

Inner Circle ©39 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

Too bad it didn't work out, but sounds like

you have enough to do for now. All is well here. Summertime brings on many new adventures around our house.

Viv
    Northern California
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/Aux. adapter/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

Registered Member

Yes | No

Agreed, plenty of "adventures" . . .

and things to do other than work!

Plus I've always got something to do on the 6er, she is 27 years of age after all...

BTW, you appear to have a very sweet version of E39 there! If you ever decide to part with her, please let the "locals" know first :)

Thanks!
    Cheers, Bob

Yes | No

Thanks. I'm planning on keeping her for at

least 60K more miles. She came off warranty in March so now I'll be taking her to independent shops for repairs. There is a local club member who works at a small shop. I'm going to take it there in Aug. to get the oil changed, and probably the transmission fluid changed. It seems to be the consensus to have the tranny fluid changed by 50k-ish even tho BMW says it's a lifetime fluid.
    Are you going to the 6er festivities in Sept(?)?

Viv
    Northern California

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information