+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered Member
    Member No: 6633 bobbo6 is an unknown quantity at this point bobbo6's Avatar

Yes | No

PPI in the Napa area anyone???

Howdy folks!

Yes, been a while, sorry but hanging on another board these days, 6er specific...

And speaking of which, I am taking a long hard look at a very pretty 88 M6 up in Napa! Looking to arrange for a PPI up there so it's easier on hte seller. Anybody have this done in the area and can direct me to the shop or location? Owner really does not want to drive it too far for this purpose, so please don't tell me about a great shop you know in Sactown, Viv :)

Cheers, Bobbo
    Cheers, Bob

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©40 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

Hey Bob, did you find a shop?

It's been so quiet here I haven't checked the messages in a while.

Viv
    Northern California
    2003 530i Steel Blue Metallic /Gray leather
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/Aux. adapter/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

Registered Member

Yes | No

Hey Viv! Why yes I did . . .

right in Napa, Alpina "auto repair", or whatever it is...

Turned out that not only did the car need plenty (88 M6), the owner did not even wash or vacuum out the car!!! So to say that I was disappointed would be an understatement :(

Long story short, decided that I did not need another project right now and was in no position to start sorting thru an M6 either. So, ole greeny is still with me, still "well sorted" in her own right and sitting in my garage, covered as usual :)

Some day I will "finish" the house and get back to what I love the most, playing with 6ers :)

Hope you are well!
    Cheers, Bob

Inner Circle ©40 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

Too bad it didn't work out, but sounds like

you have enough to do for now. All is well here. Summertime brings on many new adventures around our house.

Viv
    Northern California
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/Aux. adapter/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

Registered Member

Yes | No

Agreed, plenty of "adventures" . . .

and things to do other than work!

Plus I've always got something to do on the 6er, she is 27 years of age after all...

BTW, you appear to have a very sweet version of E39 there! If you ever decide to part with her, please let the "locals" know first :)

Thanks!
    Cheers, Bob

Yes | No

Thanks. I'm planning on keeping her for at

least 60K more miles. She came off warranty in March so now I'll be taking her to independent shops for repairs. There is a local club member who works at a small shop. I'm going to take it there in Aug. to get the oil changed, and probably the transmission fluid changed. It seems to be the consensus to have the tranny fluid changed by 50k-ish even tho BMW says it's a lifetime fluid.
    Are you going to the 6er festivities in Sept(?)?

Viv
    Northern California

Registered Member

Yes | No

Rats :(

If I were you, I'd hang onto her as well! She's pertty :)

BTW, she came off lease and purchased her, no?

Also, do you have any detailed pix? I'd like to see the color a little more close than your sig pic. You can E them directly if you like...

Speaking of which, where is your sig pic???

Next big 6er event is in October, 6th annual Pacific Sharkfest. This year the event will be held in Santa Barbara, can't wait :)

I'm sure you will hear more from Ole Mr. Winnfield at your next regional meeting...

After all, he IS on the committee, or should be "committed", or something like that :)
    Cheers, Bob

Registered Member
    Member No: 56335 ibew595 is an unknown quantity at this point ibew595's Avatar

Yes | No

Take a valium first Viv!

Get a quote on what the transmission fluid change will cost. BMW dealers will not touch it. I had a quote of $600 to fill mine and change the filter. I think it takes 11 liters of Esso LT71141 which can be had for ~$13 a liter. The VW fluid I think costs ~$10. You may not have to use this fluid, check the charts or the board to figure out which to use. The change should be done within the range of 60-90k miles, after that the transmission will not appreciate the new fluid and may shift funny. It adapts to the thick, sludgy fluid and doesn't react well to the thin stuff.

International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 595
    2000 740i Impala brown
    >
    My baby
    BMW Food for the soul

Me

Yes | No

My car just turned 48K. By the time I get in the

shop it will be around 49K. It should be OK then. When I make the appointment for the oil change, and the rattle, I'll ask how much it costs.

Viv
    Northern California

Registered Member

Yes | No

Rattle!!!! That's not good.

What do you think, front end or loose exhaust?
    I know my Vanos used to rattle upon start up but that is normal.

2000 740i Impala brown
    >
    My baby
    BMW Food for the soul

Me

Registered Member
    Member No: 95952 blakjak20 is an unknown quantity at this point blakjak20's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Rattle!!!! That's not good.

Hello hello NorCal family! I haven't been checking out roadfly very much lately ;[
    When are we going to hvae a meet?? Although Viv's a little far out, we could always do a South Bay meet with the shrk and the long lost ibew. Just throwing out ideas!

88 528e Auto 148k and Still Climbing
    Finished Projects: Pioneer DEH-P860MP, 2 Sets MB Quart Premium Components w/ X-Overs, Directed 500W 4-Channel Amp pushing all speakers.

Registered Member

Yes | No

No brakes, nav works and WTF?

My nav problem wasn't a computer but the antenna. At least I didn't have to upgrade to a MKIV DVD. :(
    I needed brakes and couldnt get a rotor to save my life!
    1: rotors ordered along with pads and sensors
    2: pads and sensors arrive
    3: WTF? I thought I ordered the front rotors!
    4: Company said they didn't have them but didn't tell me.
    5: Ordered front rotors from another source and they arrive in 2 days.
    Just in time for tomorrows weekend installation.
    6: Rotors are worn on one side

Seller BMA was appalled and made it right by sending me another set. I hope they check them first ;)

2000 740i Impala brown
    >
    My baby
    BMW Food for the soul

Me

Registered Member

Yes | No

Pic?

maybe?

2000 740i Impala brown
    >
    My baby
    BMW Food for the soul

Me

Registered Member

Yes | No

Here is a link with pics of the rotors.

.com/forums/posts/392355]My "new " rotors

2000 740i Impala brown
    >
    My baby
    BMW Food for the soul

Me

Yes | No

I just got back into town - been on vac ;-)

While at the last club meeting I had one of our indy mechanics listen to it and he said it didn't sound serious, but I'll take it into his shop in a few weeks to get checked out. The noise is mostly heard when going over bumps.

Viv
    Northern California

Yes | No

Hey Ian. How's the job?

I probably won't be able to get together for a while. Soon we'll be taking the away son back to school. He has his own car now (no, it's not the M3 he wanted), but we'll need to help with furniture, or something he can use as furniture.

Viv
    Northern California

Registered Member
    Member No: 95952 blakjak20 is an unknown quantity at this point blakjak20's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Hey Ian. How's the job?

Hey Viv!

The job is exactly what you asked about, a job... It's starting to get to me so I think I need to visit my best friend out in New York, that bastard ditched me! (he was my old roommate) But I'm starting to feel burned out from work, I'm on a different account with a completely different team and I guess I was spoiled with such talented people on the Intuit team. I guess I'll just have to ride things out and see where the road leads! We should do another mini-meet! Me, Kev, and Bob can caravan up somewhere =D Ahhhh it's late, I must pass out but also need to keep an eye on the NorCal board more often.

88 528e Auto 148k and Still Climbing
    Finished Projects: Pioneer DEH-P860MP, 2 Sets MB Quart Premium Components w/ X-Overs, Directed 500W 4-Channel Amp pushing all speakers.

Yes | No

Sorry to hear about the job. Get some good

experience and then find another job. One of these days we'll have to meet up. Where would be half way?

Viv
    Northern California

Registered Member

Yes | No

Whenever and wherever mochas or frappaccinos are.

2000 740i Impala brown
    >
    My baby
    BMW Food for the soul

Me

Yes | No

Do you even work anymore? ;-)

Or are you a stay-at-home Dad?

Viv
    Northern California

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information