+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Used M5

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 40702 BLiu is an unknown quantity at this point BLiu's Avatar

Yes | No

Used M5

Hi Guys,

Wonder if you can give me some insight...

I am looking at a 2001 M5 black on black with 43,000 miles.
    2nd owner had it for only a year and put 2,000 miles on it. He is selling because he never drives the car and commutes with an automatic diesel MB to save gas. He used to own a 993 Turbo so I think he takes good care of care of his cars.

Asking price is $35,000 but he is flexible. Good price? Anything I should look at for once I acquire it with regards to big service/maintenance items? Clutch was replaced by first owner at 27,000 miles which is biggest concern. Thanks for any input!

Brent

redrocket-wi

Yes | No

Re: Used M5

I have a 01 Lemans Blue 70K miles for $29,000. Many new upgrades. Email me at [email protected] & I will send you pictures.

Mike 414-916-8497

redrocket-wi

Yes | No

I have a 01 Lemans Blue with 70K miles. All options including suede headliner & leather dash. I have done many upgrades recently including 4 new Michelin PS2 tires at 62K. The check engine light was on due to the much publicised carbon issue, but the software upgrade from Powerchips cleared that up. The car runs perfect. & is in as perfect condition as possible for a 6 year old vehicle. I am a motivated seller due to a new baby & would let it go for $29K. Let me know if you are interested & I will send pictures.

Mike H.
    Milwaukee, WI
    [email protected]
    414-916-8497

PS. Red rocket referes to my supercharged 2000 Z3 2.3 which may also be for sale. 50K miles, 250+/- HP, Free flow exhaust, Bilstein shocks with sport springs. Custom 17" wheels & new upsized Michelin PS2 tires. $23K Inquire if interested. Thanks

KBERT

Yes | No

I'd be concerned too with a clutch replacement at 27K.... Either the owner had no idea how to drive with a clutch, or he tracked it alot, or he abused it. If you're interested, you should take it to a BMW dealership and have them print out for you the service records. (Any dealer should be able to do this, though they may require the current owner's consent).

Registered Member
    Member No: 18312 bmwm3coupe is an unknown quantity at this point bmwm3coupe's Avatar

Yes | No

Have an indy do a full pre-buyers inspection

William
    Richardson, Texas
    2005 BMW 330i Auto, TiSilver, Prem Package (her car)
    2000 BMW 540i Auto, TiSilver, Sport/Prem Package (my car)

Retired/sold:
    2006 Dodge Charger Daytona - Top Banana
    2002 M3 Coupe with SMG
    1995 525i auto
    1991 535i 5-speed manual

redrocket-wi

Yes | No

First, the price is way too high. You will need inspection 2 soon & likely much more with that mileage. The fact that the clutch was replaced after only 27000 miles should be a concern. Watch out for the carbon issue. If the first owner burnt it up in 27K miles & owned it till 41K, it is probably half gone again. It is all about the way you drive it. My clutch lasted 72K miles. I am now looking to sell mine. Call me for more info as I can't type all night.

I have an 01 Lemans Blue with 72K miles, Black leather with wood trim, Powerchip upgrade, BRAND NEW UUC clutch/flywheel, extended leather option & much much more. You won't find a nicer one for the price. $29,900

Mike
    Milwaukee, WI
    [email protected]
    414-916-8497

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information