+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 104913 rkw00701 is an unknown quantity at this point rkw00701's Avatar

Yes | No

Is This The New BMW NA Policy?

We're on our second 6 series, we had one of the first cars in NA (April 2004) We bought the second based on a great experience with the first. Yes, there were teething pains as the software improved and they never got the promised bluetooth to work. (They said it would work IF we bought a new CCU for $2000.) Not. We had a new transmission put in in the first 6 months because they had never seen the error code like ours come up. (The code went away the next day and the car drove fine.) Every-time there was an issue our Service Advisor was very attentive and would have everything ready when we came in, including a loaner BMW. Fast Forward to 2007 and our first experience with the same dealer (different Sales and Service Advisor) and our 3 month old 650i. The "Service Engine Soon" light comes on intermittently for a week. BMW assist says we don't need service until 15,000 miles and to check the gas cap. (It's fine) The light continues to come on. We schedule a visit to the dealer a week in advance. I bring the car in at the appointment time (9:00 am) and take a seat for 15 minutes till a SA is available. He takes my information down and says they now have a shuttle to bring back to work (5 miles away downtown) and says the car will be ready by 6 pm. There is no mention of how I'm supposed to get back to the dealer in the afternoon. I don't hear anything all day, so I give a call at 2:30--- nothing, I call again at 3:30 --- finally a call back at 4:00. The SA says he's got bad news and they will have to keep the car and order parts. It will be a least a couple of days, but they have a car for me, if I can get back to pick it up. During rush hour, I finally get a cab back across town ($15.00) and I wait for the SA, who's helping another customer. Another SA free's up and asks if I need anything and I say I was told to come by and get a loaner car. He says there is now an Enterprise Rent a Car on site and leads me to an office around the corner. OK Once back there, I'm asked for my DL and a CC and if want an UPGRADED car. I say no assuming the SA has made some arrangements. but they haven't yet received my info from the SA. He goes to check on it and pick up some keys. 15 minutes later he comes back, apologizes and hands the keys to an associate that has just come to work. We walk around the lot and find "THE CAR". The loaner car they are giving me to replace my 3 month old 650 is a 2005 FORD FOCUS ZX4. Not only is it a Focus, but it has a dented rear bumper and it has 43,000 miles on it. I make some mention to the Enterprise person about what a POS this is and she reiterates that I can pay for an upgrade. I say "No Thanks", but i am not a happy camper! Is this the new BMW NA policy for in service warranty repairs? I sure hope not, because I won't be back. I also have an Audi A8 and when it's needed anything, I'm given an A6 or better loaner. Sorry I had to vent.

Registered Member
    Member No: 15203 kmelby is an unknown quantity at this point kmelby's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Is This The New BMW NA Policy?

Each dealer seems to have their own policy. My closest dealer has some older taurus as loaners - we don't use this dealer AT ALL. We travel 32 miles, passing 4-5 closer dealers, to get to our dealer who makes arrangements for a new BMW service loaner as long as we schedule the service in advance.
    Kathy

05 645Cic black/black
    04 2.5l X3 silver grey/grey
    98 2.8l Z3 dakar yellow exclusive edition
    52 MG TD cream/red

Registered Member
    Member No: 140295 AndrewDP is an unknown quantity at this point AndrewDP's Avatar

Yes | No

Sorry to hear about your experience. Which dealer?

Let us hope that others will avoid this sub-standard dealer. My impression is that BMW NA is very aware of dealer experiences. I have received several calls from them after my first annual service visit to ascertain my satisfaction with the dealer service, which was performed perfectly with courtesy and professionalism by Chambers in Boston. I also own an 07 Audi RS4 and that dealer, Clair, has always been very professional. The business is more competitive than ever, so sub-standard dealers should lose business with their careless, disrespectful approach.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Believe it to be local BMW dealer policy - still

poor service under any circumstances. My situation is nearly reverse of yours. In my case the Audi dealer has the Enterprise linkup and you have to deal with all that silliness. My BMW dealer still does real BMW loaners, X3, E90 and the occasional E65. If I have had any issue at BMW I usually drop a factual, non-emotional note to the Service Manager indicating that when I am surveyed for my BMW experience that I will be unable to provide 5s across the board. That way they can choose to fix things to my liking IF they are really after those 5s and their first knowledge of my dissatisfaction is not the poor scores. Has done wonders in my case and the dealer sure appreciated getting a chance to fix-it rather then the alternative.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Logic 7, HUD, Cold Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Aux, BT w/ snap-in adapter, V1, CIP 21.03 w/MP3 enabled

Registered Member
    Member No: 26083 r.merkle is an unknown quantity at this point r.merkle's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Is This The New BMW NA Policy?

i'll say it again it isnt always the cheapest car price that is the better deal. my car blew the engine and i had either a 530 of 650 for the 8 weeks it took to get a new car. my hat is off to my privetally owned dealership and to BMWNA. what you got is not BMW service and their dealership should be pulled.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information