+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 111482 awz is an unknown quantity at this point awz's Avatar

Yes | No

Black Screen

Since an upgrade to software version 25.0 about a month ago, I have had two instances of a black I-drive screen. When it happens, the audio is dead and there is no response to the I-drive knob, the reset button, or the steering wheel buttons. Both times, it happened while running errands after the first start-up of the day being normal. On starting the car after parking for an errand, the screen was black. Both times, after parking again for a while (30 minutes or so), the screen/I-drive behaved normally again. Anyone else have this problem? Never had it happen in the first three years of ownership, so I suspect it's a software issue. Geeztech, what do you think?

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Black Screen

May have been too quick on the draw. You'll need to get back in with yuor complaint. A second update ought to do you, although a CCC or other component may have gone bad as well.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Logic 7, HUD, Cold Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Aux, BT w/ snap-in adapter, V1, CIP 21.03 w/MP3 enabled

Registered Member
    Member No: 137060 gordy645 is an unknown quantity at this point gordy645's Avatar

Yes | No

Same thing happned to me 5 or 6 times since my update a month ago. The car is currently being seviced ffor this issue as well as a dead battery and loss of active steering.

Registered Member
    Member No: 15919 Ginger is an unknown quantity at this point Ginger's Avatar

Yes | No

I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.

Registered Member
    Member No: 137060 gordy645 is an unknown quantity at this point gordy645's Avatar

Yes | No

FYI the car has now been at WESTCHESTER BMW for a week. They still don't know whats causing the battery drain.

Registered Member
    Member No: 63441 icrcjk is an unknown quantity at this point icrcjk's Avatar

Yes | No

Any resovel to y ouir black screen problem.. I just had the same thing happen to my 05 having had the softwasre update abut 10 weeks ago.
    Joe

Registered Member
    Member No: 111482 awz is an unknown quantity at this point awz's Avatar

Yes | No

My dealer replaced my CCC unit and reloaded software on 7/31. So far, so good.

Registered Member

Yes | No

They replaced the battery. So far 2 weeks - no balck screen. Although initial idrive resp[onse at startup seems more sluggish now("its always something...")

Registered Member
    Member No: 120383 tkflips is an unknown quantity at this point tkflips's Avatar

Yes | No

They replaced my ccc unit about 2 months ago and until recently was working fine. Mine occurs around the same situation as you you initially described and has happened twice lately. Tuesday I'm to take it back in and have the car re-programmed and that supposedly will fix it. We'll see.....

Registered Member
    Member No: 36900 Mark_sd is an unknown quantity at this point Mark_sd's Avatar

Yes | No

I just got zapped by the black screen last night (first time). Just had the SW upgraded three weeks ago 26.02(?). Screen goes black with no funtions available. Started the car this morning and everything is back to normal.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Seems to be somewhat of a recurring theme since about v25.xx in April (or even v24.xx.xx just before it. Maybe some of the sofware changes are running into a timing error on our older 6ers. I bet alot of owners are just living with this and not yet reported to dealers. I have not had the issue, but doesn't have to happen to everyone to be a code related problem.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 25.02

www.knightsoftheroundel.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information