+ Reply to Thread
    Brad

Yes | No

Who has run triple sidedrafts webers on e21 323i?

I am thinking about doing this, however, i realized that tuning these will be very hard..where did you get linkage for this conversion.. should i stick to the CIS injection.. any advice is welcome.. should i get 40's or 45's?

thanks,
    brad

DHoang

Yes | No

Re: webers on e21 323

I am thinking about doing this, however, i realized that tuning these will be very hard..

I'm also in the market for carbs for a 323. I'm leaning towards the dowwndraft, 38 series. Don't know if this is ideal for my engine, but I'm in the learning curve stages, so I don't have a whole lot of knowledge to throw out.

If your CIS still works, I would recommend keeping it. My fuel distributor and warm up reg and fuel pump is defective. So I'm heavily leaning on just getting new carbs. But if I can find a place that can recondition the K-jet fuel distr. for the 6 cyl, I'll go w/ CIS- no probs. The rest of the parts can be bought off the shelf. The fuel distributor is the tough one to revive.

WH

Yes | No

Re: webers on e21 323

If your CIS still works, I would recommend keeping it. My fuel distributor and warm up reg and fuel pump is defective. So I'm heavily leaning on just getting new carbs. But if I can find a place that can recondition the K-jet fuel distr. for the 6 cyl, I'll go w/ CIS- no probs. The rest of the parts can be bought off the shelf. The fuel distributor is the tough one to revive.

How is your fuel distributor defective?

Typically they last forever unless disassembled or sat for many years and bad fuel has gummed it up.

I've heard of someone who rebuilds them... the name escapes me right now.... It is not cheap though.

The other parts are basically stock Bosch K-jet. Probably can get them at many VW/Audi aftermarket parts suppliers.... After all it's basically the same system that's on my audi.

If it were me. I'd convert the car to a 81' 528i bosch l-jet w/lambda system. Electronic injectors/Air flow meter etc. Most of the parts could be had out of a junk yard for under $200. You'd have to change the intake manifold to mount the injectors but the rest should pretty easy....

If I buy the local 323i, I just might do that.... I hate K-jet ---far to complex and much harder to debug.

As for carbs... I imagine TWM either has 40 dcoe manifolds for the baby six or can recommend someone who does.

Tuning the webers would be similar to a dual setup only 1 more carb to sync and tune.

WH

DHoang

Yes | No

Re: Fuel Distr...

Typically they last forever unless disassembled or sat for many years and bad fuel has gummed it up.

Car sat up for over two years...

I swapped out the fuel distr. into my running car, and couldn't get the car to start.

Next, I installed the fuel distr. from my running 323 into the 323 that sat up for several years, and was able to get the motor to start
    up...although it wouldn't keep an idle.

I didn't consider the L-jet option...but don't see why not. Thanks for the tip.

WH

Yes | No

Re: Fuel Distr...

Car sat up for over two years...

I swapped out the fuel distr. into my running car, and couldn't get the car to start.

Next, I installed the fuel distr. from my running 323 into the 323 that sat up for several years, and was able to get the motor to start
    up...although it wouldn't keep an idle.

I didn't consider the L-jet option...but don't see why not. Thanks for the tip.

Why it wouldn't idle was either a vacuum leak or a defective idle control solenoid. (both common problems).

I imagine if you left the running distributor on the car and drove it for 2-3 weeks w/fuel cleaner in the tank. It will run much better....

There is an adjustment to the air flap that is very cucial for proper operation... get a good k-jet manual for all the inital settings.....

WH

Joe Gallo

Yes | No

Re: Tripple Side Draft Webers MANIFOLD NEEDED!

Hi there:

Yes you can run 40 dcoe tripple sidedraft webbers,
    with cis fuel system.

Two Problems:
    1) WHERE can you get this manifold to run the tripple side drafts?

I have hunted high and low and they do not exist,
    except for a place in England named Lasercrom which can source them from another engligh tuner/
    CAN YOU GET THEM IN THE US IF SO WHERE?

2) Is the noise level with the 40s going to not be allowed in the MA State safety inspection?

My car is a restored 79 323i and it just needs safety, I was in there for my other car and they would not let it pass due to the muffler being to loud. How loud are they?

3) How much power gain with a knifed edged 524td crank, weisco pistons and a 2.8 liter engine?

Thanks

Joe Gallo

keith

Yes | No

I have an extra k-jet setup

Hey,, i have a extra k-jet setup for the six... where are you located..?

DHoang

Yes | No

Re: Located in Central Texas..

Hey,, i have a extra k-jet setup for the six... where are you located..?

Unregistered

Yes | No

My e21 323I rest in peace for more than 8 years

Does anyone know what problems I'm going to face if I will try to start it?( ok it is common sense that I will replace the fuel and water hoses, coolant and oil)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 172.68.94.165

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information