+ Reply to Thread
    stonesy

Yes | No

Issue with BMW iDrive+iPod and lotsa artists

So, I am mostly happy with my new 335, drives very well, and the Logic 7 system is the best sounding system I have had the pleasure to listen to.

Here's the issue. I have a decent sized selection, with probably 2-300 artists on my 60gb iPod. Browsing by Artist is a pain in the keister. The Artist mode has no concept of state, and always pulls the Artist list up at "A" (actually, any mode defaults to the top "A" of the alphabet). So, say I painfully scrolled all the way to "I" to listen to some Iron Maiden. Surviving that, I choose to listen to some Scorpions (perfekt musik for my Teutonic ride, btw). Artist mode will come back up at "A" and I have to scroll all the way to "S", I might cause a pile-up doing all of that scrolling. Why no mode? Why no concept of acceleration with the iDrive wheel (the iPod UI metaphor is preserved well, but without an accelerated wheel, long lists are dreadful!)

I came from a PhatBox, which did have state between modes, so I created an alphabetic distribution of play lists, and if I did not have a play list for a particular artist, I could load a playlist that was close (alphabetically) change mode to Artist, then move quickly to the desired artist.

Any ideas? Am I missing something very basic?

Registered Member
    Member No: 40167 mdobin is an unknown quantity at this point mdobin's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Issue with BMW iDrive+iPod and lotsa artists

If you have the original iPod interface, not the USB-based one, I can understand your problem. I have a 335 and scrolling alphabetically is painful. My wife has the new-style interface in her '10 535xiT and it is as fast as working with the iPod itself.

I'm afraid that you're stuck, just like me.Marc
    '01 525i - 5 Speed, Aspen Silver/Tan Leather (sold)
    '03 525iT - 5 Speed, Sport,Premium, Silver/Gray leather
    '04 745i - Titanium Gray/Gray Leather (traded)
    '06 530xiT - Mystic Blue/Gray Leather
    '07 335i Coupe - 6 speed, Sport, Premium, Black leather

Registered Member
    Member No: 177330 anita is an unknown quantity at this point anita's Avatar

Yes | No

Issue with BMW iDriveiPod and lotsa artists

I just got a 2014 Malibu with Mylink and has been having the same issue. Been searching for a fix but havent found anything yet.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 37.57.231.241

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information