+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 36900 Mark_sd is an unknown quantity at this point Mark_sd's Avatar

Yes | No

Steering wheel no longer lowers as far as it use t

The dealer did some work on the steering column and now the wheel no longer lowers enough to block the turn signals. The dealer says it's in spec. and that they checked it with another 6 series. I know that when I had my seat adjusted and when I lowered the steering wheel all the way it would block the turn signals. Now the wheel does not block them in the lowest position and I have a slight truck driver effect with the angle of the wheel.

Can you let me know if the wheel blocks any of your turn signals. By the way I'm 6'1" and have the seat bottom all the way down in the back.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Steering wheel no longer lowers as far as it use t

I swear I saw this post back awhile back????

Mine is normal in that it does block the TS indicators over a fair amount of travel. A little trick that works on some, is after lowering as much as it will go, release lever and do again and I get a little extra down (~1/4 inch).

Do your own comparison with another 6er, if you can.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 25.02

www.knightsoftheroundel.com

Registered Member
    Member No: 36900 Mark_sd is an unknown quantity at this point Mark_sd's Avatar

Yes | No

Thanks. I've tried what you suggested with the extra bit of travel but even doing this the wheel still has about a 1/2 inch before it would block the turn signals. I know somethings different so now I'll have to go check out another car to prove it to the dealer. I've also noticed that the dealer broke the steering column trim and didn't bother to fix it. The dealer also scratched the rear quarter panel and had to repaint it during the same visit. I changed dealers recently out of convienence....hasn't been real convienent.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Ok let's do this:
    1) Steering wheel all the way back to dash
    2) Sterring wheel lowered to lowest point on single try (not the little extra you may get on second try)
    3) Measuring up from floor where the lowest portion meets the little lip at approximately the seat front (seat all the way back) and not on the mat to the bottom of steering wheel. I get 16 5/8 inches.
    4) Measuring down from where windshield meets interior body to top most part of steering wheel = 10 1/4 inch

Now you show me your's :-)

_______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 25.02

www.knightsoftheroundel.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information