+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BMW Sucks

Registered Member
    Member No: 156149 yan55555 is an unknown quantity at this point yan55555's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: An UPDATE 9/21/07

I was contacted by Jason a couple of days ago from Corporate Office at New York. There were a lot of very interesting things he said that surprised me a little bit, however I will not say what it was just yet, in hopes that he will come through.

He talked to Fields BMW Service Manager, who still insists all of this was my fault...

Now the case will be brought up in front of the Marketing Team as well, which I do not completely understand, is there no Executive Customer Relations Dep.? Why is marketing team handling Customer Issues?

Registered Member
    Member No: 156149 yan55555 is an unknown quantity at this point yan55555's Avatar

Yes | No

FIELDS BMW REPLY

GOOD DAY ON OUR RESPONSE TO MR BASHKINS CONCERN ON AUGUST THRITEENTH MR BASHKIN BROUGHT HIS VEHICLE IN FOR SERVICE FOR OIL CHANGE AND VEHICLE CHECK. MR BASHKIN PICKED UP VEHICLE AUGUST SIXTEENTH . NO WORK WAS PERFORMMED ON COOLANT SYSTEM EXCEPT FOR TOPPING OFF FLUIDS .VEHICLE WAS THEN DROPPED OFF ON SATURDAY AUGUST 18, THE CLIENT HAD CALLED PRIOR STATING THAT THE VEHICLE OVERHEATED CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WAS ON ,THE ADVISOR FIELDED THE CALLED AND STATED TO MR BASHKIN DO NOT DRIVE VEHICLE ANY LONGER AND TOW THE VEHICLE IN . THE CLIENT STILL DROVE VEHICLE IN TO OUR SERVICE DEPARTMENT WITH NO FLUID IN SYSTEM .PLEASE NOTE THE VEHICLE HAS FREE ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE .THE CLIENT THEN SPOKE TO OUR MANAGER BOD SCHAFFER WHOE EXPLAINED WHAT MAY HAVE HAPPENED WHEN VEHICLE DRIVEN WITHOUT COOLANT,THE CLIENT WAS UPSET THAT AT THAT TIME A VEHICLE WAS NOT PROVIDED FOR HIM DUE TO NOT PURCHASING VEHICLE AT OUR CENTER ALSO LATE IN DAY FOR RENTAL CAR FROM ENTERPRISE DUE TO THE RENTAL FACILITY CLOSING ,ON MONDAY AUGUST TWENTYITH THE CLIENT SPOKE TO ME .HE EXPRESSED THE UNSATISFACTION WITH SITUATION ON SATURDAY AND I PROVIDED VEHICLE FOR LATER IN DAY ALSO REINBURSEMENT FOR RENTAL THAT HE HAD FOUND FROM AVIS THAT AFTERNOON , WE CHECKED VEHICLE A NF FOUND LOWER RADIATOR HOSE UNSECURED THIS HOSE HAS A CLIP THAT HOLD HOSE IN PLACE FOUND CLIP STILL ON HOSE NOT MISSING ,COULD NOT DETERMINE WHAT CAUSED HOSE TO COME LOOSE, WE REPLACED HOSE AND THERMOSTATE UNDER WARRRANTY JUST IN CASE SYSTEM OVERPRESSURED AND CAUSED HOSE TO BLOW OFF , THIS VEHICLE HAS ELECTRONIC THERMOSTATE FAULT WOULD HAVE BEEEN STORED IF FAULTY NO FAULTS STORED IN SYSTEM ,WE DROVE WE TEST DROVE VEHICLE HAD VEHICLE FOR THREE DAYS TWO WAITING FOR PARTS MAKE SURE CAR WOULD NOT OVERHEAT AGAIN , NO PROBLEMS FOUND CLIENT PICKED UP VEHICLE .HE RETURNED WITH INCREASED EMMISIONS FAULT ,NOT OVERHEATING CHECKED VEHICLE DIAGNOSE WITH LEAKING CYLINDER HEAD CAUSED BY EXTREME OVER HEATING CLIENT DROVE VEHICLE WITH WARNING LIGHTS ON THIS CAUSED CYLINDER HEAD COVER TO WARP .I HAD FIELD REPRESENTATIVE FROM BMWNA AMERICA INVOLVED JACK MCCLURE ALSO JEFF LANCE AFTER SALES MARKET MANAGER . WHO EXPLAINED TO CLIENT THE VEHICLE SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOPPED HE IGNORED THE WARNINGS ALSO IGNORED ADVISE OF ADVISORS IN SERVICE ,WE HAVE COLLECTIVLEY BMWNA AND FIELDS BMW TO PROVIDE 40 PERCENT DISCOUNT TO REMOVE CYLINDER HEAD COVER AND CONTINUE DIAGNOSIS ,THE CLIENT DECLINED THREATENING TO SEEK LEGAL COUNSEL , THE CLIENT IS STILL IN MY LOANER VEHICLE WHICH HE IS NOT BEING CHARGED FOR NOW THIRTY FOUR DAYS , WE HAVE BEEN PATIENT WITH SITUATION ALSO WE HAVE ACCOMODATED CUSTOMER WITH VEHICLE AT NO CHARGE , ALSO HAVE NOT CHARGED FOR DIAGNOSIS ON THE TWENTIETH .WE REQUEST THE RETURN OF OUR VEHICLE IF CLIENT IS NOT GOING TO REPAIR HIS VEHICLE BY END OF BUSINESS ON FRIDAY SEPT 28 .SINCERLY JERRY MARICHAL FIELDS BMW

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Complete lies!!! First, when I called in the Advisor said, I could either drive the vehicle in or drive it in. If I was advised to TOW it why would I not do it...? It is just a bad lie on Jerry Marichal's part.

Second, The piece was definitely missing, once again, how would I even know about that... Their own technician stated that it was missing... that is another lie.

This statement, "NOT OVERHEATING CHECKED VEHICLE DIAGNOSE WITH LEAKING CYLINDER HEAD CAUSED BY EXTREME OVER HEATING CLIENT DROVE VEHICLE WITH WARNING LIGHTS ON THIS CAUSED CYLINDER HEAD COVER TO WARP" - that is just ridiculous and that is why they should be responsible for fixing the vehicle. Earlier Jerry Marichal admits that they kept the vehicle there and supposedly fixed it, but then when I brought it with Emissions light, right in that quote he clearly states that "...head caused by extreme overheating" - well... that right there just proves my point.

They gave me the car back saying it was save to drive, then I drove it for 2 days. Bring it back in, now it is just clear, that what really caused the damage was me driving the vehicle for those 2 extra days, when the issue was NEVER FIXED at first place.

I think this is very clear, Jerry Marichal is attempting to cover up for Fields BMW, but that pretty much should do it.

Registered Member
    Member No: 140295 AndrewDP is an unknown quantity at this point AndrewDP's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: FIELDS BMW REPLY

I am sorry to read abut your travails with your car. At best you had a Hobson's choice when the car overheated in the apparently risky location at that time of night, but since one should heed warning lights, it makes little difference if the service dept. disconnected the coolant hose or not during the routine service. The fact is that anyone who drives with an overheated engine is courting disaster. I have had my share of disagreements with service departments over the years with high-end cars and they often are not competent and usually cover up their mistakes. In this case I am afraid that you need to accept responsibility for the warped head, pay for the repair and consider it a valuable learning experience.

Registered Member
    Member No: 142804 michaelsr2001 is an unknown quantity at this point michaelsr2001's Avatar

Yes | No

IF NO STEAM comming from eng. Faulty Sensor could

be Assumed. Owning BMW's for over 20yrs I Know overheating will FRY an engine. I'm on the Fence on this one.

Registered Member
    Member No: 20473 DaniCompain is an unknown quantity at this point DaniCompain's Avatar

Yes | No

shouldn't there be a coolant level warning

I don't know about the E63, but my 1986 BMW 6 series had a Coolant LEVEL light that would turn on when the coolant dropped below a certain level, (ie. leak). Dani Compain
    1986 BMW 635CSi
    "RED SHRK"

Registered Member
    Member No: 118845 bmwlex is an unknown quantity at this point bmwlex's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: BMWLEX - BMW Customer Service Sucks

having dumped on field's i will now give them some props. i brought my car in at 8 am for an oil change, software update, rear break pads and cleaning of some interior parts that they had soiled a previous time. car was ready to be picked up at 4. all the work was done properly. well done field's. now about the policy of no loaner if you didn't purchase the car from field's...-lex
    2005 645ci coupe black sapphire/beige/sport/winter/logic7/ 904 build

Registered Member
    Member No: 69799 TestnDoc is an unknown quantity at this point TestnDoc's Avatar

Yes | No

What happened to the CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information