+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 157237 197402 is an unknown quantity at this point 197402's Avatar

Yes | No

Where to buy new parts

Hey I've been looking for parts suppliers online, most look alike and carry the same items. When I go to my local Autozoo and ask about parts for a BMW 2002 they say, what model?, then I say 2002......
    any suggestions?

Registered Member
    Member No: 58142 ROYinGA is an unknown quantity at this point ROYinGA's Avatar

Yes | No

Try Steve Haygood.

Registered Member
    Member No: 118085 alternativez2003 is an unknown quantity at this point alternativez2003's Avatar

Yes | No

My dealer parts guy is absolutely excellent and

gives me the best deals he can. I've never had a damaged piece, never paid shipping charges, never had a wrong part, never missed the obscure O-ring or clip, never got a part made in China or Taiwan, and he knows the '02 back to the microfich (sp?). He's searched for any difficult part to securing the last odd thing from some warehouse in the motherland. Try to get the pedal springs and the foam insulator for the back of the pedal box. Mine are all new now.

I'm doing two different BMW engine swaps right now and have worked on my own BMW's for...well, a long time. He's been a source for finding a good driveshaft builder; when I wanted a Webber carb, he had the complete kit from Redline, and has sent people my way when I've parted cars out. He'll also fax me any screen I might need to see and even hooks me up with alternatives when the oe price is better elsewhere for such as Bosch starters and alternators. He'll even special order all my list and let me pick up what I can and hold the rest. I've dealt with lots of places, but never as totally satisfying as working with this guy. Truly, I haven't bought all my parts from him, but I've found lots of places I won't shop again (BMP for one).

So, all I'm really saying is, don't dismiss the dealer if you can find a good parts guy. Some dealerships give club discounts. This dealership doesn't, but since I've been doing business with this guy for a long time, I get better discounts than the clubs, and he tosses in some cool advertising stuff like pens and pads, a nice coffee cup, etc. There is a lot to be said (well, I have anyway) for building up a relationship, especially if you own a "different" sort of car.

I have heard people on Roadfly rave about Steve Haygood also, and he helped me once without selling me anything, so I would recommend him also. Just do a Google search of BMW parts, and you will find several.

Good luck.

Registered Member
    Member No: 157072 je328is is an unknown quantity at this point je328is's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Where to buy new parts

Check out our new website, give me a call if I can be any help.

Jim at Maximillian
    1 800 950 202
    www.bimmer.com

Registered Member
    Member No: 14016 jonblbl is an unknown quantity at this point jonblbl's Avatar

Yes | No

Ditto Maximillian

Maximillian was able to get parts no one else was able to find. They know 2002s. I think they actually drive 2002s.

Registered Member
    Member No: 152670 BillWilliams is an unknown quantity at this point BillWilliams's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Where to buy new parts

Mobil Traditions On Line catalogue

MT catalogue store

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information