+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 124411 hipertec is an unknown quantity at this point hipertec's Avatar

Yes | No

A/C turning on by itself?

Sometimes when I turn on my car and the AC is on, I will turn it off and then it turns on by itself. I shut off and then turn on again.
    Whats going on? it does this sometimes.....is it a computer glitch?

Registered Member
    Member No: 103164 GeezTech is an unknown quantity at this point GeezTech's Avatar

Yes | No

Just the blower?

“Don't argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Find the problem first! Dont spend $$$$$ on parts you may not need.

'87 325is The best ever
    '69 1600 My worst nightmare
    ALUMINUM BUMPER APPRECIATION ASSOCIATION (ABAA)
    Membership ID (00302)
    Joined September 14, 2005

The secret to my success

Registered Member
    Member No: 124411 hipertec is an unknown quantity at this point hipertec's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Just the blower?

NO. it would actually turn on and i would have to turn it off then it turns on again. It would do this for about 5 minutes and then finally stop turning on.

I hate to take it to the dealer and have them say that they cant duplicate the problem. I HATE IT WHEN THEY SAY THAT.

I have a problem with rough idle and they said its normal...yah rite!

Registered Member
    Member No: 156144 flpnout is an unknown quantity at this point flpnout's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: A/C turning on by itself?

Not sure if this is related, but I notice that before I shut off the engine I make sure I turn off the A/C and blower. The next time I turn the car back on, the A/C and blower is on again. Why is that? Is that normal? This is the first time I had BMW that the a/c and blower would always come one when you start the car, even after turning them off before shutting the car off. /

Proud owner of 2007 Alpine White with Pearl Beige leather 650I Convertible with all options fully loaded Automatic Transmission. She's a beauty!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 46022 M3texas is an unknown quantity at this point M3texas's Avatar

Yes | No

I haven't checked recently but I thought there was a setting in the iDrive Climate section that dictated the default AC blower speed, etc upon start-up. You may want to try there to see if that is having an effect.

I could be wrong b/c I only skimmed through that part of the manual.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Yes that is normal for current 5 and 6 series after it has gone into sleep mode (more than 15-20 minutes). You'll notice if you came back in 5-10 minutes it would still be off. Only way to avoid is to select each item off and place blower on lowest setting. That way the system sees you have SELECTED something besides AUTO OFF.

It may also be part of Car and Key Memory. An old bulletin indicated it (the key) was to remember the last setting at the time you turned off the car and removed key. It never appeared to work that way so it just may have to be reprogrammed to AUTO AC = inactive. I never cared so did not try to have it changed (so do not know if it could be)
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 25.02

www.knightsoftheroundel.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information