+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Windscreen

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 156144 flpnout is an unknown quantity at this point flpnout's Avatar

Yes | No

Windscreen

Since I have a convert, I have been going back and forth on getting a windscreen for it since the rear glass is suppose to be the windscreen. Does anyone know if the removal black windscreen really make much of a difference? The only reason why I haven't purchased one is 2 reasons: 1. not sure if it really makes a big difference and 2. they look kinda ugly./

Proud owner of 2007 Alpine White with Pearl Beige leather 650I Convertible with all options fully loaded Automatic Transmission. She's a beauty!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 132328 Sandra is an unknown quantity at this point Sandra's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Windscreen

I actually have one of the removal windscreens and it does make a difference. On a windy day with the windows up and the removable windscreen in place, it cuts the wind significantly.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Windscreen

Thanks!! I may have to get one. I bet it cost a pretty penny. I'd like to to see it in person. Maybe the dealership will allow me to try it on. I'm just not to keen on the look from pictures I've seen, but I guess it serves it's purpose. Thanks!!/

Proud owner of 2007 Alpine White with Pearl Beige leather 650I Convertible with all options fully loaded Automatic Transmission. She's a beauty!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 157313 kcmiller is an unknown quantity at this point kcmiller's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Windscreen installation

Can someone tell me how difficult it is to install the wind screen? Is this something I can pick-up at the dealer and install myself in a few minutes or does it take a professional to do it.

Thanks.

Registered Member
    Member No: 46022 M3texas is an unknown quantity at this point M3texas's Avatar

Yes | No

I have the windscreen and personally I think it helps quite a bit. I went about 2 weeks without it and then decided to get it. My biggest comparison was, without it, top down, windows down, it was hard to have a phone conversation. With the windscreen, top down, windows down, etc...I can comfortably have that conversation with no problem.

It's easy to install and take out. It simply pops in / out via some brackets and holes already in the car. Took me 2 minutes to install and less time to take out. Comes with a carrying case in case you want to store it for non full-time use.

I purchased from the dealership and price was around $550. Hope this helps.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Wow!! Great Review. Thanks! I think I may invest in one. I will see if I can find a cheaper one though. That's a bit pricey for just a windscreen./

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information