+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered Member
    Member No: 92336 REDCAB is an unknown quantity at this point REDCAB's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Pics Center/Drag Link Fixed

I will try to post a picture again in the near future. Thank you for the help on the picture. The Porsche is my other German toy. It is hard to believe that I have had it just over 10 years now. It is like a big go-cart, but a really fast one.

Registered Member

Yes | No

UPDATE!!!! Center tie rod/drag link replacement

Hi all! I finished the front end project on the 750iL. I replaced the center tie rod/drag link, both left and right tie rod assemblies, and both stabilizer bar links. The car handles GREAT!!! No shimmy, car tracks properly. Now I just have to take it and have an alignment done. I apparently got it pretty close, on flat level road surface, the car does not wander, or go to one side or the other. If you let go of the steering wheel, it goes straight. As far as the control arms, after checking all four, I found no type of damage or cracking of any of the bushing rubber, or any play in the ball joints. I was lucky! The car handles fantastic now. All the parts cost less than $140.00 shipped. Thanks to all for the advice and help on this project!

Mark 732

Yes | No

Re: Center/Drag Link Check (sorry about the length

The front ends on these cars even if you have the straight 6 or the V-12 are subject to a lot of weight and stress. Both of my E32's had over 160,000 miles on them when I bought them and I changed it all, including the struts and the collar nuts which require a stick of dynamite and a torch to get off after 18 years. The bushings had almost nothing left to them, and the sad part is the people I bought the cars from drove them like that.

Registered Member

Yes | No

I'm Back, at least I didn't die!!

Dang, I had no idea that it has been this long since I have been on the forum. Saying HELLO to all! Tony.1990 750iL-3/90 build date. 103400 miles.
    1984 3.2 Slant Nose 911, 48795 miles.
    Various MOPARS, 440-6PAK Road Runner, 1973 matching numbers 340 Magnum Road Runner.
    9, B-series Dodge Trucks, 48-53yr models

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information