+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 156890 cselestrin is an unknown quantity at this point cselestrin's Avatar

Yes | No

Cd Changer not working?????

When i go to eject the cd cartridge nothing happens and on the radio it self it just says magazine.
    Could it be a fuse somewhere?

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Registered Member
    Member No: 155160 saaber1 is an unknown quantity at this point saaber1's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Cd Changer not working?????

I think the manual showed a reset button either on the charger or on the radio with the cover flipped down (or maybe both), can't remember for sure. Let me know if you don't have the radio manual and I can check mine.

ALso, the guys at becker, who make the radio and changer, can be very helpful if you are courteous and fast on the phone (not wasting their time in other words). Here is their website that has their phone number:

http://www.beckerautosound.com/Porsche/Porsche%20Menu.html

Registered Member
    Member No: 156890 cselestrin is an unknown quantity at this point cselestrin's Avatar

Yes | No

Mike, Thanks
    Where in the manual did you see the reset function?

Registered Member
    Member No: 155160 saaber1 is an unknown quantity at this point saaber1's Avatar

Yes | No

Looked in the manual and there is not much info. there. Looked at the head unit and didn't see a reset but didn't get a chance to look at changer for a reset.

Sounds like it could be a problem with power to the changer? Perhaps unplugging the power to the changer and then plugging back in might fix a loose connection or possibly reset it so the head unit recognizes it.

Also can you test to see if there is power to the cord at the changer? That would answer the Q as to whether it is a problem with the cd changer/cd changer recognition or if it is a problem with power to the changer.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information