+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 39532 hrhos is an unknown quantity at this point hrhos's Avatar

Yes | No

Audi S5 about to eat the 650i's Lunch ..

Driving bye my local Audi dealer this afternoon and spotted a stunning car seemingly .. unidentifiable car in the yard.

Turned around and behold the new Audi S5 - metallic grey and red leather. Begged to sit in it and promptly put down a deposit as an option. I am now rethinking my impending 650i buy.

I wonder what you guys think on this board. The S5 is 10 times more impressive in the metal (I know ! very cliched .. but TRUE) this is going to be some HOT car. And the price ! option for option its nearly $15K cheaper than a 650i!

Registered Member
    Member No: 29499 bobkar is an unknown quantity at this point bobkar's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Audi S5 about to eat the 650i's Lunch ..

Very nice car. Kudos to Audi.
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    06 650i Silver Grey

Registered Member
    Member No: 24285 JMG1 is an unknown quantity at this point JMG1's Avatar

Yes | No

Nice car, looked at one....but

if you're buying it, its definitely a cheaper car. But if you're going to lease it, a nicely optioned S5 (loaded a bit over $58k) probably won't be much cheaper I suspect than a 650i. Why? Because Audi's for the most part lease out like garbage. And the S5 is a new car, so no previous history to go by. Hopefully the residual will very good, the rates will be standard no doubt though.

Registered Member
    Member No: 156144 flpnout is an unknown quantity at this point flpnout's Avatar

Yes | No

Personally I think it looks great from the back to the side, but when you see the front, it kinda looks like it ran into the test wall and the front end was flattened by it like a Chrysler 300. Just my $0.02./

Proud owner of 2007 Alpine White with Pearl Beige leather 650I Convertible with all options fully loaded Automatic Transmission. She's a beauty!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 118845 bmwlex is an unknown quantity at this point bmwlex's Avatar

Yes | No

i am also considering one when my lease is up soon. one consideration is other than the drivetrain the car is new from the ground up so i'm reluctant to buy it the first year out. also the next model year there the rs5 will be released. definitely a cool car.-lex
    2005 645ci coupe black sapphire/beige/sport/winter/logic7/ 904 build

Registered Member
    Member No: 140295 AndrewDP is an unknown quantity at this point AndrewDP's Avatar

Yes | No

The launch S5's in grey/red are very attractive, but as an owner of a 650i convertible never considered the S5 as competition for the 6, even after I saw one on Saturday at my Audi dealer. I also own an 07 Audi RS4, so am a big Audi fan. The S5 styling is not nearly as dramatic as the 650's. Quattro is awesome, so for driving in wet or slippery conditions the S5 wins, although the exceptionally well balanced 650 is a treat to drive, especially in dry weather. I have not driven the S5 yet, and although its balance is much better than prior Audi's, my bet is that it is a very different driving experience than the 650. The S5 may be a better value. Having said all this, I will get in line for the R8 as a replacement for my 650i sport convertible in a year or two, but am not tempted by the S5. The RS5 maybe, but not the S5.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Thanks for the laugh and the visual, :) :)

_______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 25.02

www.knightsoftheroundel.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information