+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 112792 e60lover is an unknown quantity at this point e60lover's Avatar

Yes | No

I am #3 on the list for a 135i

I went to my local BMW dealer, the other day, to get a new cooler expansion tank for my x5. I stopped by the sales dept and spoke to a salesman about the 135i. Of course, they had no info what-so-ever about the car. Just the info on the BMW website. He guesses BMW will begin production in March of 08 and cars would start arriving in April.

Originally, I was just going to wait until the 135i arrive at dealers first. Then I can look at them and test drive one. I wanted to test drive a 335i couple just to get the feel of the engine. Salesman told me that there was a six month waiting list for the 335i couple. He said that they had a pimped out one, with chrome wheels, in the lot for me to test drive. When he went to get the keys, he found out it had been sold.

Anyway, salesman found a 335ia sedan without sport package, for me to test drive. He seems to know a lot more about BMW's than the average BMW Salesman. He said he was leasing an e90 328i cause he couldn't afford a 335i. He found a windy road on a hill and proceeded to haul[Oops!] up and down the street. I have to say that I was very impress with the car except for the slight body roll. When it was my turn to drive the car, I did not go nearly as fast as he did. Remember, he was a current owner of an e90. Also, I already like the way BMW's drive, especially with sport package. I wanted to feel the pull of the engine and compare it to the e46 M3 smg I just sold a couple months ago.

I have to say that I was very impressed with that engine. It pulled hard right off the line. The initial pull off the line felt harder than the m3, but of course, a m3 would pull harder as the rpm increased. I did not get to go very fast with the 335i due to traffic. I drove it enough to know that I want that engine. The salesman even turned off the DSC and told me to "just floor it" from a stop sign. Of course, it spun the tires without problem. I felt a very very slight hesitation from a dead stop. Salesman thought that it might be the valvetronics causing the hesitation, not the turbos.

Well, after driving the 335i, I decided to leave a small deposit in order to hold a spot on the list for me. Now, I just have to wait six months for the car.

Sorry for the long post, but I figure this is a slow forum.

Registered Member
    Member No: 143331 kenzinzskee is an unknown quantity at this point kenzinzskee's Avatar

Yes | No

Do they guarantee your price

I've never purchased a new BMW from dealership before. What's the current practice -- if you commit to the vehicle by leaving a deposit, do they also quote you a solid price that won't change much, thereby not getting blown away by buyer demand later on?

Or are you still up to "unknown" market forces that determine dealer invoice, selling point above it by the dealership, buyer bid-ups, etc.?

Registered Member
    Member No: 112792 e60lover is an unknown quantity at this point e60lover's Avatar

Yes | No

By putting my name on the list

and leaving a deposit, They told me that I would not pay above window sticker. There are no pricing on the 1 series yet. They had a 335i convertible in the show room which was marked $5000.00 above sticker. Also, I am not committed to buy. They would refund my deposit if I change my mind.

Registered Member
    Member No: 143331 kenzinzskee is an unknown quantity at this point kenzinzskee's Avatar

Yes | No

Very confusing indeed

So by taking noncommittal totally refundable money from anybody who happens to not care about earning the pittance of interest on a few hundred dollars for a few months (big deal), the dealership can set a cap on their own profits on a hot-selling vehicle?!

I would expect them to sigh a relief consistent with human nature whenever deposits are refunded. They can then mark up the window sticker by 5k, 6k, 7k as they please!

Unless, from reports of prospective buyers like you, that they do not have the nature of normal humans. But, chances are, I think there's actually some catch in that "window sticker" pricing. Or something.

Registered Member

Yes | No

It's only confusing because

you are an idiot. I guess you are one of those people thats walking around thinking someone is out to GET you.

Maybe I am just lying to you. Or, maybe, the dealer is lying to me.

That was exactly how it worked the last time I bought a new BMW. It was a 2001 540i. It was suppose to be hard to find at the time. I left a small deposit. They found the car. I went back to look at it. Decided to buy it. Same way my friend bought his New M3 a few years back. Neither of us paid above sticker.

Registered Member

Yes | No

No wonder there's so many car commercials

To believe that businesses, especially car dealerships, are out to limit their profits just to save you a buck is, of course, in your world, not idiotic. Therefore, to believe otherwise is to believe that "someone is out to get you."

Right.

I can see how you are a "genius" at figuring these things out.

Count your lucky stars.

Registered Member
    Member No: 93023 Stinger9 is on a distinguished road Stinger9's Avatar

Yes | No

While you guys are slugging it out over which

shell the deposit is hidden under, I'm going to your dealership and driving off with your turbocharged metallic silver six-speed 135i!
    Wish me luck!

rca06mcoupe

Yes | No

I have a 135 tii deposit which says "at MSRP"; if

I don't want the car I can get a refund or have the money applied to another model.

The only BMW that sold over sticker in Boston area in recent times was the Z8.

btw the last paragraph of the MT review at the Tokoyo Show says expect production of 135 tii within 2 years - I would guess spring 08.

Registered Member
    Member No: 80159 rtseng is an unknown quantity at this point rtseng's Avatar

Yes | No

you mean winter 09

it's winter 07 now and within two years ... has to be over 1 year ... so tti should arrive spring or summer 09

rca06mcoupe

Yes | No

Re: you mean winter 09--- yes

Registered Member

Yes | No

I think BMW sets their sticker price by how many

Registered Member
    Member No: 90128 Socom is an unknown quantity at this point Socom's Avatar

Yes | No

Good to hear. The lease on my E90 is up in 2 yrs

and I can't wait to get some seat time in the 135i. I REALLY want to own not lease a BMW.

//M is for Marketing.

Registered Member
    Member No: 80159 rtseng is an unknown quantity at this point rtseng's Avatar

Yes | No

I am #1 on my dealers list

I am dying for a fun car. Just driving my 07 civic commuter these days.

atvrider

Yes | No

Re: 135i

Has BMW corrected or addressing the high temps the 335i with the same engine and turbos is having when running hard at times or when the the outside temp is in the 8o's

Registered Member

Yes | No

I think you are an

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information