+ Reply to Thread
    ErnestRiggen

Yes | No

Cayenne Oil Change instructions

Just bought my Cayenne -- love it to death.

But I went to change the oil this weekend and it's not particularly obvious how to drain the oil and where the oil filter might be located.

Any advice??

Ernest.

Registered Member
    Member No: 151436 CayenneKid is an unknown quantity at this point CayenneKid's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Cayenne Oil Change instructions

Check further down the in the posts. Mudman2 gave me instructions.

ErnestRiggen

Yes | No

Thanks loads -- BTW -- are the two drain plugs obvious? Are they easily confused with other drain plugs in the area? I have not yet removed the belly moldings but I've seen other posts that imply possible confusion.

Ernest.

sixpeedmanual

Yes | No

I have a detailed post below search for oil filter change. I have 36K on my 2006 Cayenne and have been changing the oil (Mobil 1)every 6K and filter every 12k. I use a oil pump to pump out of dip stick and it works great; no residual oil remains in pan. Does not burn any oil at all from oil change to oil change.

Registered Member
    Member No: 166627 2thdr is an unknown quantity at this point 2thdr's Avatar

Yes | No

I can't find/open your detailed instructions. What am I doing wrong?

Registered Member
    Member No: 166880 vaf222 is an unknown quantity at this point vaf222's Avatar

Yes | No

I now have 50,000 miles on my Cayenne V6 Manual and I have changed the oil (Mobil-1) every 6,000 miles and the filter every 12,000. Porsche recommends oil and filter every 12,000. It burns no oil between changes.

I use an oil extractor (Oil Extractor AST-7815) to remove the oil through the dip stick. This is easy, quick and clean. It removes all the oil, since without the filter when all the oil is removed and 6 qts placed back in it is exactly on the fill mark. Best to remove when oil is HOT. I've changed the oil (not filter) with my suit on in 10 minutes without a mess.

The filter is removed after removing the lower plate (I use a set of ramps to raise the car). I place a Quart size Zip-Lock bag over the filter cartridge case and use an Allan wrench to remove the center plug in the filter cartridge case. Go slowly and remove the last few twists through the bag so the oil is collected in the bag without a mess. Put the plug back (no need to tighten at this time) and remove the filter cartridge case with a 36mm socket.

Replace the cartridge and the gasket (gasket comes with cartridge) and be sure to add a little oil on the gasket to allow it to seat without catching. Tighten the plug with an Allen wrench.-

Put the filter cartridge case back being careful not to over tighten. Add your 7 qts of Mobil-1 and you are done.

Bob Smith

Yes | No

How do you reset the 'Service Now' message that comes on when oil change is required?

Mudman2

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Yes | No

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information