+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 79514 mollyshark is an unknown quantity at this point mollyshark's Avatar

Yes | No

Slow Loading IDrive

Just had the software upgrade done on a 2006 650. The iDrive still loads..well, sporadically. Sometimes it comes right up. Sometimes you are already backed out of the garage before the view of what you just ran over comes on the screen. Is this typical? Is there a cure?

Molly

Registered Member
    Member No: 21699 metzger is an unknown quantity at this point metzger's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Slow Loading IDrive

Consistent with my experience, sadly.Mike Metzger
    2002 Z8 (silver/black)
    2006 650 sport coupe (silver gray/chateau)

Registered Member
    Member No: 26083 r.merkle is an unknown quantity at this point r.merkle's Avatar

Yes | No

that about what my 2007 does. its about 30' out the drive before the senors start. right at the time i drive over the d### flowers.

Registered Member
    Member No: 118845 bmwlex is an unknown quantity at this point bmwlex's Avatar

Yes | No

i think this is a function of when the car comes out of sleep mode. for example if i am in a parking lot i try to unlock the car when it is as far away as possible so that when i get to it the system has finished booting up.-lex
    2005 645ci coupe black sapphire/beige/sport/winter/logic7/ 904 build

Registered Member
    Member No: 36477 XZLR8 is an unknown quantity at this point XZLR8's Avatar

Yes | No

I had that same problem w/ an '06 650i.

Haven't noticed it (knock on wood) with the '08.
    '08 BMW 650i Sport -- TitaniumSilver/Black
    '07 BMW X5 4.8i Sport -- SpaceGray/Black
    '06 BMW 325xiT -- SparklingGraphite/Beige

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

That is a good point and in my experience true. I wonder, though, do any of you leave your car "unlocked" say in your garage overnight? I do and I have been having second thoughts about whether my car actually can enter "sleep" mode. I find my normal lawyer screen to last iDrive screen or to PDC as I back up out of the garage to be very quick each and every time. I also wake up the car in parking lots pretty far away so again my iDrive becomes active very quickly (~10 sec). If not in my signature I am at v25.01.00 or TDS E060-07-03-520.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 25.02

www.knightsoftheroundel.com

Registered Member
    Member No: 157485 berk7775 is an unknown quantity at this point berk7775's Avatar

Yes | No

hey my 07 drives me nuts the parktronic stays on too long. I am ready for other functions and locked out for the first couple hundred feet it seems.

does anyone know if it possible to switch the scrren size of the radio onto the right side. i would rather the larger map to the left and the rest of the functions to the right ex phone radio bla bla

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

1) use the switch to turn it off as soon as you are going forward, if you cannot wait.

2) ony the functions listed on the menu for the "Assistance Window" are available - radio is not one of those.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 25.02

www.knightsoftheroundel.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information