+ Reply to Thread
    Gene

Yes | No

2004 Escalade won't start

I have a 2004 escalade w/ 56K and recently got in to start it and everything was operational but no attempt to start. Battery was strong..lights, radio everything worked but no sound from the starter. Tried tapping on it..tried a jump... moved cable ends around... found a junction box on driver side of block (red) and opened it moved wires a little... tried again and it started.. disconnected the battery and cleaned (didn't appear corroded at all) and retightened connections in junction box..hooked battery up and it started fine for 3 weeks.... til tonight. Same symptoms... turn the key, everything works, battery strong. Tried moving the wires again but it didn't work this time....

Any body got any ideas? No click of a solenoid or attempt by the starter... bad starter? help!!!!

john

Yes | No

Re: 2004 Escalade won't start

I rented a cadillac escalade recently and couldn't go on my trip because it wouldn't start for me. I tried everything that you tried. I called my roadside assistance and they tried. The rental company sent a tow truck and they tried. No one could figure it out. Until we talked to the dealership. It had something to do with the valet key. once they got a hold of the regular key, it started right up. Is it possible you are using the extra key(valet key)? In fact, you should have two regular keys and one valet/service key.

Matthew

Yes | No

I have a 2004 escalade and I have the same exact problems that you had. I have tried all the common solutions with no success? Were you able to fix the problem?

Best Features

Yes | No

Could be the starter or a short in the computer system/wires take it to a mechanic/dealer.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information