+ Reply to Thread
    ROB

Yes | No

Has anyone LOWERED an E36 M3 ? Springs/Shocks ?

Has anyone LOWERED an E36 M3 ?

If so , is this a hard job , expensive ?

Does it ride or handle much different ?

Cheers & a healthy , happy 2008 to all ,

ROB

rrsperry

Yes | No

Re: Has anyone LOWERED an E36 M3 ? Springs/Shocks ?

Yes.

Not really hard $750 for parts struts, springs, and shocks. That's not counting odd bits you might want to replace while you are there. Rear shock mounts, front strut bearings, control arms and or bushings.

Yes, it will ride much better, or it could be worse depending on how good or bad it is now, and what you choose. (Koni, Bilstein (not my fav), or some ebay crap)

Check out any of the online forums www.bimmerforums.com m3forum.com... Use the search, it's been covered about a million times.

Registered Member
    Member No: 23566 Stanley_Blackwell is a glorious beacon of light Stanley_Blackwell is a glorious beacon of light Stanley_Blackwell is a glorious beacon of light Stanley_Blackwell is a glorious beacon of light Stanley_Blackwell is a glorious beacon of light Stanley_Blackwell's Avatar

Yes | No

Never went coil over but that's because I never>

tracked my 99 M3.

Had Koni S/A over Dinan springs. Then went to Koni S/A over H&R race springs.

Huge diff for me and would do it again, but I bought the car for it's handling not comfort.

If you care about lux and and smooth as silk ride, don't do it. If you'd like to explore the limits, consider it.

Registered Member
    Member No: 23566 Stanley_Blackwell is a glorious beacon of light Stanley_Blackwell is a glorious beacon of light Stanley_Blackwell is a glorious beacon of light Stanley_Blackwell is a glorious beacon of light Stanley_Blackwell is a glorious beacon of light Stanley_Blackwell's Avatar

Yes | No

Btw, car felt more planted with the Dinansprings.>

Forget who oem's for them but they nailed it.

Touched 163 mph without blinking in that setup while I only hit 161 while feeling my hair turn grey from nerves in the H&R's

Registered Member
    Member No: 18640 si523 is an unknown quantity at this point si523's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Has anyone LOWERED an E36 M3 ? Springs/Shocks ?

Lowering...

What do you want to do? Track it frequently? Track 1-3 times/year? Daily driven where tire wear and comfort are a concern?

Me personally...Garage queen, weekend/road-trip car...98M3

Koni SA's ext. adjustable with H&R oe sport springs. GC street rear shock mounts. Cleaned and regreased the front strut bearings. 95 M3 oem CABs. Perfect for my driving style. I have also had a chance to put a few thousand miles on a 95M3 with stock springs and Bilsteins and again, for my driving style, I am a happy camper.

Fairly easy job; have a friend/father on hand for sure. You need a good blade on a hacksaw or better yet a sawzall b/c the konis are only inserts that fit into the oem housings. Spring compressor. Don't forget the 95 m3 strut hats if you have a 97-99M3. Full pro alignment after it's all done.

If you get serious and have any addl. questions feel free to email me.

-C

Registered Member
    Member No: 128312 wizman007 is an unknown quantity at this point wizman007's Avatar

Yes | No

Why '95 strut hats for +96?

jeff//99m3//chgoburbs
    Member No: jeff//99m3//chgoburbs's Avatar

Yes | No

I have been looking at the turner H&R M3 CO Kit>>>

it seems very well set-up, comparable to ground control.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information