+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Exhaust

Registered Member
    Member No: 146775 jabrock is an unknown quantity at this point jabrock's Avatar

Yes | No

Exhaust

Any suggestions on best exhaust and supplier for 95 M3. Just had head gasket replaced and had performance header from BMP installed while it was off. Now all I need is performance exhaust. Don't want anything too loud but rather listen the engine note than the radio. Thanks.

Registered Member
    Member No: 18640 si523 is an unknown quantity at this point si523's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Exhaust

SuperSprintna dot com

The note is perfect; imo.

no drone or buzziness - ADS
    Member No: no drone or buzziness   - ADS's Avatar

Yes | No

+1 - noticeably louder than stock,but great note,

and probably the least loudest of the aftermarket choices. No mistaking you've got a tuned/designed exhaust. Note is lower (since larger diameter), but has a really "tuned" sound to it, but doesn't set off car alarms or rattle windows.
    ADS

Registered Member
    Member No: 97307 shipdriver is an unknown quantity at this point shipdriver's Avatar

Yes | No

+2...same here.

Registered Member
    Member No: 114471 HurtinUnit is an unknown quantity at this point HurtinUnit's Avatar

Yes | No

I really like my active autowerke gen 3!

Registered Member
    Member No: 91960 ghollis_1 is an unknown quantity at this point ghollis_1's Avatar

Yes | No

did you get those coilovers dropped in yet?

Registered Member
    Member No: 114471 HurtinUnit is an unknown quantity at this point HurtinUnit's Avatar

Yes | No

Yes I did Koni coilovers -->

They were really stiff at first even at full soft but now they are settling in. I would still like something a bit softer for the street.

They gave the car a sweet lil drop too. Nothing heinous, but it definitely looks better.

I also had front and rear sways put in. Now, the car is PLANTED. Feels like a fighter jet on the highway.

Steering weight is up a lot... takes more effort to turn it seems. Not sure why.

With the sways and coilovers in and new 245s all around in the spring the car will most definitely feel underpowered and that will be the real test of how far to go with this car.

Registered Member
    Member No: 91960 ghollis_1 is an unknown quantity at this point ghollis_1's Avatar

Yes | No

sucks about the stiffness. what springrate is the

coilover?

don't know about the increased steering effort...i assume you don't have the 245's up front right now, right? more rubber would mean more sterring effort. checked PS fluid levels or leakage?

Registered Member

Yes | No

Not sure on the springrate

Here's a link for the kit, I assume I got the standard e36 prepped kit. Koni forgot to include a few things with my kit so I'm still waiting on the wrenches for lowering and some instructions, hopefully the rates will be in there.

The ride isn't punishing at all but this is my first go with a tuned suspension. The rears also aren't externally adjustable for rebound but the fronts are. I can't imagine someone ever wanting full stiff given how stiff full soft is, so I wonder why they don't make it a bit softer out of the box.

Really, what I was hoping for were coilovers that would be plush on full soft and then very stiff on stiffest and I could play around in between.. but these are made for the track I think which is why I think they're a bit stiff. This car could be a track toy in a few years so it's not so bad.

Does the PS fluid have to be brim full? It's coming up to the first line on the dipstick and the fluid is about an inch and a half below the top of the resevoir.

Thanks for your help, BTW

jeff//99m3//chgoburbs
    Member No: jeff//99m3//chgoburbs's Avatar

Yes | No

How about the borla from turner?

Bob K

Yes | No

I have the Borla

It's a very nice quality piece. Mine came with one of the pipes not properly sized to slide over my cat pipe. I had the installation finished at a local muffler shop and Borla picked up half the tab with no hassle.
    It has a very nice tone, not too loud. It can be a bit drony on the highway, But I think any aftermarket exhaust will be on this car due to the rpm's we turn at highway speed. I also have an AFE intake, so some of what i hear may be intake.
    I've had a Borla stainless catback on my Jeep Grand Cherokee for many year. The condition is still like new! I would recommend Borla to anyone for any application. There may be some systems out there that are more aggresive. But this one is perfect for all around street use. It is said to be 26 pounds lighter than the stock system. I definitely believe that. The stock system is a tank. I sold my stock exhaust to a 325 owner for $125.
    Expect a nice quality system with a nice quality sound. Don't expect to feel a huge diff in seat of the pants acceleration.

Registered Member
    Member No: 125608 dephs is an unknown quantity at this point dephs's Avatar

Yes | No

i'm a fan of the dinan exhaust or the stromung from understeer. all the other's seem to drone or be too loud/ricey. IMO

RK911

Yes | No

Yes, I bought a SS for my '98 328i years ago, thinking about doing the same for my 95 M3. Sound is great.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information