+ Reply to Thread
    Paul I

Yes | No

Coupe door window adjustment

Hey guys. Recently I've started to get wind noise from the front windows and they don't seem to move up as much as before after I close the door.
    I had some maintenance work done and the stealer basically told me not to mess with it. The Bentley manual has this elaborate procedure for adjusting the window. Any of you had this adjustment done and if so, how much did it cost you?

Paul

Ron K

Yes | No

Try This

Your window stop position setting may need to be reset. Press and HOLD the up button until the window goes all the way up and continue to hold the button for about 5 seconds to reset the stop position. Do the same thing for the down position. This might help if the window isn't closing all the way or your auto up or down doesn't work correctly. Good luck!

ADS

Yes | No

you might also want to lube the seals

On an old 92 325 I sprayed the side tracks where it's fiberous (versus rubber) with wd40. this will leave the windows greasy on the side edges for a while but you need to soak something into here in my experience.

If you're really adventurous, remove the door panels, do the tracks inside the door, and check the window guide tracks and the plastic guides. I'd use ptfe grease on the guides/tracks inside the door.
    If you let this go too long the plastic guides crack, window jumps track, hell, mine even bent/broke the regulator mech!

Upshot, I'd try to fix the reason for increased resistance that is making the window stop short, first, then do the window stop position if needed.

ADS

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information