+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iPhone

Registered Member
    Member No: 115437 kipster is an unknown quantity at this point kipster's Avatar

Yes | No

iPhone

I have a 2007 650 convertible with a production date of 04/07 (I think). I'm thinking of getting an iPhone but read on the BMW website that it isn't compatible via USB because the production date is prior to 09/07. Does anyone know if I can have the USB connection installed by the dealer? Also, BMW site says the iPhone is not Bluetooth compatible, but I think I've seen other posts here saying that it is. Can anyone clarify?

Registered Member
    Member No: 33269 spngd is an unknown quantity at this point spngd's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: iPhone

iPhone works flawlessly on my current 650 and my prior bluetooth enabled 2004 645. The usb interface is needed for the iPod function I believe. I have that now as well and it also works nicely. When I plug in the iPhone, it also charges. Hope that helps.

Registered Member
    Member No: 81954 pan is an unknown quantity at this point pan's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: iPhone not so flawless

I got my iPhone in July '07 and mated it with my 2006 650i with no problems. After a few months of working fairly well I noticed bluetooth failures. I would get a ring, answer the call and find out the party on the other end would not be able to hear me. Or, I would get a quick disconnect.

It has gotten to the point when I answer the call I immediatly switch to the iPhone from the car. That is easy and quick to do with the iPhone.

Registered Member
    Member No: 115437 kipster is an unknown quantity at this point kipster's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: iPhone not so flawless

Thank you. That does it. I've decided to stick with my tried and true Moto RAZR. I can't believe BMW hasn't worked out the Bluetooth bugs with the iPhone since it so fervently promotes the device in its newer models. I missed the USB interface option by a few months. Does anyone know if there's a retrofit available? Does the USB connection take the place of Bluetooth as well?

Registered Member
    Member No: 33269 spngd is an unknown quantity at this point spngd's Avatar

Yes | No

Flawless for me...

All good on a daily basis for me. Love the integration of the iPod as well.

Registered Member
    Member No: 140295 AndrewDP is an unknown quantity at this point AndrewDP's Avatar

Yes | No

Flawless on my 06 650, although I do not have iPod

/iPhone interface for audio. The phone works perfectly. I believe my car had the software upgrade at the first regularly scheduled service last June (one year from purchase). In fact the iPhone works better on my BMW than it does on my 08 Audi A8, which has an iPhone/iPod interface for audio.

Registered Member
    Member No: 146755 Centerplate is an unknown quantity at this point Centerplate's Avatar

Yes | No

iPhone is BT compatible on 2006 up

Hey, we're getting some misinformation here! The bluetooth compatibility exists all the way back to production in 2006 (for '07 models). Yes, I've had a few (say, two or three) instances of weird behavior, but remember, it's a computer! It will go away on re-boot (i.e., when the car is stopped and then restarted). I had a Razr and upgraded to iPhone; the iPhone advantage is that you can choose on the start-up screen to answer in the car or on the phone. The pairing is very easy. I also have an iPod connector in the glove box. The whole setup is beyond awesome.
    '07 Cab, manual, silver w/gray top, chateau, light wood, night vision, HUD, iPod, Sirius, HD radio, sport pckg, adaptive cruise, star-spoke 92 wheels, Passport SR7

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information