+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 33269 spngd is an unknown quantity at this point spngd's Avatar

Yes | No

Calling cobradav... V1 hardwire question...

I am trying to install my V1 with power to the footwell lighter adapter like you did. I ran a 12 foot wire and the V1 would not work right, as it would chirp irregularly and not display the function light normally. I tried again with a new 12 foot wire and the same thing. When I tried a 5 foot cord it works fine. Do you experience this. Will search for a 9 foot cord to purchase which is "just long enough" for the install. I don't think there is a difference in the construction of routine phone cords, it must be the length.
    Thanks for your insight.
    Spngd

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Calling cobradav... V1 hardwire question...

It could be the length or the jack(s). Make sure every pin is wired. Some telephone cable/jack combos do not. I think mine is the 9 foot now but do not remember. I had a problem with a 5 foot just because of the wiring. Can't remember that I had problems with a 12 foot other than just too much cable.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 25.02

www.knightsoftheroundel.com

Registered Member
    Member No: 33269 spngd is an unknown quantity at this point spngd's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Calling cobradav... V1 hardwire question...

Thanks. May have to just cut and splice a connector off a longer cord, as I cannot find a 9ft cord anywhere. I have read that there are 4 or 6 pin connectors but no mention of a difference on any package I have bought or on the V1 website. Weird thing....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information