+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 160900 JOHNMRICH is an unknown quantity at this point JOHNMRICH's Avatar

Yes | No

TURN SIGNAL BULB R&R

My father in law has an 06 SRX. Right front turn signal is out. Cadillac Service is saying 2 hr. to replace bulb - need to remove skin from front bumper. Has anyone found a back door to the bulb?

Andy

Yes | No

Re: TURN SIGNAL BULB R&R

You do not need to remove the bumper skin. You can remove the headlight assembly and get to it that way. I have done this twice in my driveway and it took about 30-45 minutes each time. This is the way the cadillac service manual tells techs how to do it. Just be careful not to break off any plastic tabs on the headlight assembly.

jimbo

Yes | No

I have found success getting to the srx foglight and turn signal assembly easier by jacking up the side of the vehicle with the burned out bulb and remove front wheel, then remove the inner fender shield, (about 12 push-pin fasteners). This allows clear access to the assembly. You will need a torx head screw driver and there are about 6 screws to get off the cover. IMPORTANT TIP: Once you remove the cover, make sure you replace the socket AND the bulb if blown. If you replace the bulb only, you are guaranteed to have it blow again in about 2 weeks, or less. The 2003-2009 SRX is NOTORIOUS for having this happen. It is the nature of the beast, with this vehicle, I hope GM has remedied this in the new generation model. -Good Luck!

Registered Member
    Member No: 184219 anjy834u is an unknown quantity at this point anjy834u's Avatar

Yes | No

it's not easily available

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information