+ Reply to Thread
    trm395

Yes | No

Koni's blown?...

I have Koni Sport Adjustables all around with about ~100k on them. They have a lifetime warrantee so I expect them to last. Recently, my car feels like it's going everywhere. Very sqirmy under cornering and braking. In turns its un-nerving. I had the suspension checked out by the mechanic several times including bushing and alignment checks. All good according to them.

Has anyone worn through a set of Koni's here? Is the only way to tell to pull these bad boys off and test them?

TIA

Registered Member
    Member No: 49642 beecee is an unknown quantity at this point beecee's Avatar

Yes | No

Many Koni top adjustables leak fluid

Are yours leaking any fluid? My rear top adjustables leaked a while back and they were replaced under warranty. You should be able to get new ones if yours are really blown.

Registered Member
    Member No: 110743 simon325e is an unknown quantity at this point simon325e's Avatar

Yes | No

Leaky bad?

My front Koni SAs seep from the adjustment area. They seem to work fine though. I am going to have them rebuilt this year. Anyone had experience sending out Konis for a rebuild?

Registered Member
    Member No: 49533 95DayVI is an unknown quantity at this point 95DayVI's Avatar

Yes | No

Lifetime on all Koni, I have heard that they

will find excuses not to honor like one guy up north had corrosion from winter, but otherwise the body was okay._______
    GC RTAB shims, RSMs, T/S Coilover with Koni DA f/SA R & 450#f/550#r Eibach ERS
    Eyeball Arm CA mounts
    Sunbelt CAMS w chip for 24# injectors, Euro MAF, Conforti/ITG CAI
    96+ exhaust manifolds
    Euro fLoAtErS, Ferodo DS2500
    accessory UDPs
    M roadster lever
    All done in my garage

Registered Member
    Member No: 49642 beecee is an unknown quantity at this point beecee's Avatar

Yes | No

I would try to get new ones before rebuilding

Registered Member
    Member No: 23191 Jeff98NY has a spectacular aura about Jeff98NY has a spectacular aura about Jeff98NY's Avatar

Yes | No

Mine lasted around 25k miles.

Koni declined the warranty because they were corroded, so hopefully you don't live anywhere that has corrosive elements.

Thank god I bought them from GC.
    -------------

Registered Member
    Member No: 13623 tcachtung is an unknown quantity at this point tcachtung's Avatar

Yes | No

If they were Bilsteins and blown they would get...

warrantied. Bilstein does not play any games. The only exceptions I have found is damage. As a shop owner I have warrantied appx. 6 in the past 10 years. Never had an issue. To bad you bought Konis instead.Trent Cole, Tech Advisor, Lone Star Chapter, BMW CCA
    President, Lone Star Bavarian, Inc.
    FT. Worth Tx, 76132
    www.lonestarbavarian.com

Registered Member
    Member No: 137859 bigblock is an unknown quantity at this point bigblock's Avatar

Yes | No

Thanks Trent I was totally lost on

what was the better setup for me and it was between Konis and Bilsteins.You made the decision much easier[IMG][IMG]img=137859[/IMG][IMG]

Registered Member
    Member No: 52233 JMD325 is an unknown quantity at this point JMD325's Avatar

Yes | No

How do I get mine warrantied w/o orig. receipt?

DanC-1996M3

Yes | No

Call place you got them from. I'm sure they'll be

happy to fax / email you a copy of the invoice as proof of purchase.

Then you call Bilstein's warranty support line and start the process. Generally they charge you for the new shocks, ship them to you, and credit you when you send your bad shocks to them, as well as verify that they are defective/bad. If there's evidence of accident damage or something like that, they'll deny you, but they are generally very good about accepting and honoring their warranty, with no qualms.

Hope this helps.

dc

trm395

Yes | No

Thanks all for the help....

So the only way to tell if the dampers are blown is to pull them or check for leaks? Any tips?

trm395

Yes | No

Re: Koni's blown?...

I finally got the car up on jacks again and looked underneath. It was definitely steering differently left from right. Finally I found the culprit. The xbrace bolt on the passenger side rear had started backing out nearly 5 turns! I tightened it down and tightened down all the other points which were also loose. What a difference! Proof yet again that the xbrace mod is the best bang for your buck. Got that new car suspension feeling again wohoo!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information