+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 76871 fBIRN is an unknown quantity at this point fBIRN's Avatar

Yes | No

M3 heated seats

Hi,

There have been a few questions on heated seats, here's a new one (I think). I have headed seats in my '98 convertible. I want to replace the seats both to add Vader seats and to get new motor/gear assemblies because mine are not working. The Vader seats I'm looking at come with all motor assemblies but no heating elements.

Does anyone know if I can just remove the heating elements/wiring stuff from my existing seats and install in Vader seats or is there something German that I'm missing? :)

Also, anyone know if there's an issue with putting Vader seats in the convertible? Is the mounting bracket the same?

Thanks,

Dave

Registered Member
    Member No: 121702 silbul is an unknown quantity at this point silbul's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: M3 heated seats

You can probably check realoem.com to see if the heating elements carry the same part number for different cars. Also, try looking at a Bentley repair manual for the wiring diagrams (same wire colors for convert/coupe? and various years?).

I don't know if you are in a hurry because the seat motors don't function, but it seems there are always seats on ebay and other sources. It would probably be worth paying instead of doing the disaasembly/reassembly with the hog rings.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information