+ Reply to Thread
    Chris

Yes | No

Rear Bumper repair for '02 M5

I have a silver 2002 M5. I have owned this car since new without more than a minor scratch or ding. Last night, while sitting at a stoplight I was rear-ended by somebody who "hit the gas instead of the brake!" The result is my rear bumper is cracked, the black molding is falling off and the rear skirt above the exhaust is badly mangled and falling off.

Luckily, there doesn't appaer to be any sheet metal damage or body damage.

I need a new bumper and associated parts, and I assume there is shock-absorbing materials underneath that need replaced.

Of course insurance is covering - but I wanted some advice on where to take my car for the repair, anything to look out for, etc. Also curious what you think this will run? I assume parts and then painting of the new bumper. I would guess $2500 or so total...your guesses?

I live in the Washington DC area, in suburban Maryland. If you know of a good shop for this kind of car locally, I would appreciate that.

Thanks!

Chris

richE39

Yes | No

Re: Rear Bumper repair for '02 M5

i also got rear ended, i own a 00 528i w/the M5 kit, my kit was oem, but for the replacement bumper i call this company in california called euro-dyne and they have an aftermarket M5 bumper for $390 and that includes shipping, look them and see if this helps, and also it should'nt cost you that much to have your bumper replaced.

Glen

Yes | No

Re: Rear Bumper repair for '02 M5

If you use OEM parts, which you should if it's covered by insurance it will cost every penny of that $2500.
    Take pictures of the damage so when this shows up on carfax you can show how minor the damage was when you go to sell it. (if you ever sell it!!)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information