+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 162125 garrege is an unknown quantity at this point garrege's Avatar

Yes | No

Suspension got raised?

My M5 had stock suspension (incl rear SLS).
    I really like the ride height and didn't want anything to change except for the soft front end which was due to 100K miles on the original shocks. After much debate about what to do, I had OE Boge shocks put in and the car raised up in the front by probably 1.5".

Needless to say, i'm not happy.
    Next step appears to be getting a pair of H&R sport lowering springs up front. Any thoughts?

I really enjoy the SLS in the rear with the height adjustability.
    H&R doesn't appear to manufacture a set of springs for our cars but they do make some for a 528e.
    Maybe those will be the ticket because they'll be set-up for a lighter motor which will help the car sit lower than the advertised 1.25" drop??

anybody been down this road?

-geoff

Registered Member
    Member No: 72412 bob.knox is an unknown quantity at this point bob.knox's Avatar

Yes | No

Go with M-Tech springs from Steve Haygood>

The European M5 M-Tech springs will give you the perfect ride and height. H&R's are pretty aggressive which will really drop your car, and then your new shocks will bottom out because they were not made for that drop. Steve will set you up no matter what your goals are for the car.

Bob K.88 ///M5, RIP

Registered Member
    Member No: 162125 garrege is an unknown quantity at this point garrege's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Go with M-Tech springs from Steve Haygood>

steve is the one that sold me the Boge shocks, i'm certainly going to call him and let him know what happened.

Registered Member
    Member No: 35097 bbojangles is an unknown quantity at this point bbojangles's Avatar

Yes | No

changing shocks should not change height

something sounds funny here,
    I dont get how changing the shocks would change the ride height. It should have very little effect, if any.

Registered Member
    Member No: 158407 park is an unknown quantity at this point park's Avatar

Yes | No

There is No way New struts will change your ride

height. Unless you have also changed your springs. When you have your car up on jacks stand for a little while the ride height will be higher when you first let it down. After you drive it around for 10 minutes the normal ride height will return. Springs determine ride height not struts.

M-Tec springs are the only way to go if you are going to replace the sagging OEM springs.

jimmy

Yes | No

Re: There is No way New struts will change your ride

Rubbish, what about if you have a shorter reach strut? maybe the insert is a shorter one than what was originally installed??

Melvin Meighan

Yes | No

Re: Go with M-Tech springs from Steve Haygood>

Hi Steve i am interested to get the Mtech springs for my E28 M5, maybe you can help me.

Melvin Meighan

Registered Member
    Member No: 122990 Texas88M6 is an unknown quantity at this point Texas88M6's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Suspension got raised?

Did you change the spring pads? I think there are different thicknesses for the pads and that might effect your ride height.

By the way, big fan of the m-tech springs as well.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information