+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 156144 flpnout is an unknown quantity at this point flpnout's Avatar

Yes | No

Ordered my 2008 650 Convertible

Hey guys!! Just wanted to announce that I just ordered a 2008 BMW 650I Convertible!! So excited about it. Can't wait til it arrives. Does anyone know how long it really takes? I am suppose to get the order number tomorrow to be able to track the status. I ordered White on Saddle Brown with Sport Auto transmission w/ paddle shifters. I'm a gadget freak so I may have gone over board by ordering all options.

Registered Member
    Member No: 123766 RAD2 is an unknown quantity at this point RAD2's Avatar

Yes | No

How much under MRSP?

Were you able to negociate a good price?
    Thinking about going from a 11/2002 Z4 to a conv 650

ThanksRAD2

Registered Member
    Member No: 36477 XZLR8 is an unknown quantity at this point XZLR8's Avatar

Yes | No

Congrats!

Your dealer should be able to give you an expected delivery date.
    '08 BMW 650i Sport -- TitaniumSilver/Black
    '07 BMW X5 4.8i Sport -- SpaceGray/Black
    '06 BMW 325xiT -- SparklingGraphite/Beige

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Congrats!

Yeah I got the production number already and status shows on order. My Sales rep said it will be a March production build and that the car should be at the dealership roughly around end of April or first week of May!! So long, for the anticipation. But I guess it will be worth the wait. :-)

I opted not to get the HD and SAT radio options since I will mainly be using my 160GB iPod.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Ordered my 2008 650 Convertible

Enjoy, as I am sure you will. Great color combo. Tell us all about it when you get it in your hands
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 25.02

www.knightsoftheroundel.com

Registered Member

Yes | No

I am having second thoughts on my order now. I know the deposit is 100% refundable if I change my mind. But I heard the new 2008 M3 are coming out in March and they also have the new V8 engines with double clutch technology. I am now thinking of getting an M3 instead. Anyone have any thoughts/opinion on the new m3 in comparison to a 2008 650??

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

First ones out are 6sp. DCT or DSG like tranny is due in March. I personally would wait awhile for this new technology to mature. Remember how the M5/6 SMG was troublesome in the first year.

Additionally the e92 M3 just does not have the presence the other Ms have or even the 6er in any form (coupe or cabrio). It is missing something and I cannot quite put my finger on it but I like the later e46 M3s better. It will be harsher on longer drives (i do a lot of 100-200 milers and longer) so I would not do it. The 6er has ample power and the new SPORT STEP is a nifty, quick shifting tranny. In pics the e92 in regular or M form look good but in person not so hot.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 25.02

www.knightsoftheroundel.com

Registered Member

Yes | No

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't canceled out my order therefore I am still looking forward to my 6er. I hate the waiting period. I know once I see it I will most likely not change my mind.

Registered Member

Yes | No

I just got word from my sales man that my car has just been built already. The only option I am missing is SAT and HD Radio. Other than that it has everything else on it. The MSRP came out to about $99,670 with all options I wanted.

When I track it online on Owner's Circle website, the status just changed yesterday from "on order" to "scheduled for production", but my sales man told me it has been built already and waiting for shipping. I just placed the order Feb 25th. and is schedule as a March production vehicle. I now have an official VIN# and not just a production #.

I can't wait for it to get here. I hope to get it mid to end of April, depending on how long it takes to get on and off the boat.

Registered Member

Yes | No

I just got my VIN number yesterday as well

I have not checked with my dealer sales person, but I think it will be too soon to be built, I ordered 02/26/2008. I hope I will get it in April as well.RAD2

Registered Member
    Member No: 36477 XZLR8 is an unknown quantity at this point XZLR8's Avatar

Yes | No

I think the new M3 looks enticing and I too am interested in the new transmission option, although I think the cars are all coming with manuals at launch. The new double clutch transmission is lagging a couple months behind (I believe it launchs on the Cabrio, closer to summer) and I wouldn't want to be one of the first in line for it, anyway.

That said, the M3 would be an entirely different car than the 6er. While it would definitely have a performance advantage, you'd lose out on overall comfort, size (the 3's feel cramped to me), and day-to-day livability.

I'd love an M3 Cabrio, but not as my primary vehicle.
    '08 BMW 650i Sport -- TitaniumSilver/Black
    '07 BMW X5 4.8i Sport -- SpaceGray/Black
    '06 BMW 325xiT -- SparklingGraphite/Beige

Registered Member
    Member No: 26083 r.merkle is an unknown quantity at this point r.merkle's Avatar

Yes | No

theres no problem with that tranny. i had the first version on an auti tt. the tranny works very quickly/sharply. its my opinion that all audi/bmw.... should be using this tranny. the auto mode make the bmw step shiftly feel like a new manual driver.

the only issue i would have on the m3 is what the ride would be like. the 650 is the best riding car i have evry had, and that number is too large. if the m3 rides like its 3 series cousin, its too hard for me. i drive coast to coast each year and the 6 series is the only car i have driven that after 10hrs of driving that does give me a jittery feeling.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Have your 650 status changed?

Mine still scheduled for production:^(RAD2

Registered Member

Yes | No

Please start new thread - cannot read new posts

too far to teh right and off the page
    _______

www.bimmerdrivers.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information