+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Newton, MA, United States
    Member No: 27153 mergelen is an unknown quantity at this point mergelen's Avatar
    Yes | No

HELP: TC kline Koni coilover installation...

How do you tighthen the strut nut to the upper strut mount? It seems that the nut falls too deep to hold the strut from spinning with the smaller hex on the the strut itself and the springs seem like that they wont compress much to make the treads poke through. Any help is apopreciated

Registered Member
    , , United States
    Member No: 49533 95DayVI is an unknown quantity at this point 95DayVI's Avatar
    Yes | No

with stock they have to be compressed, now

don't know about these. However you can assemble the bearing to the strut before attaching it to the wheel well, if that helps.

Now for me and using with a GC strut, on a 95, there were problems with just getting a thin walled socket into the bearing to attach. Because a deep socket isn't thin, lots of washers were used so that a normal depth socket could attach the bolt. Also I hear with Koni be careful with using an air gun as it may break the adjustor._______
    GC RTAB shims, RSMs, T/S Coilover with Koni DA f/SA R & 450#f/550#r Eibach ERS
    Eyeball Arm CA mounts
    Sunbelt CAMS w chip for 24# injectors, Euro MAF, Conforti/ITG CAI
    96+ exhaust manifolds
    Euro fLoAtErS, Ferodo DS2500
    accessory UDPs
    M roadster lever
    All done in my garage

corkscrew:Laguna Seca

, ,

Yes | No

Did you get through this?

As I remeber, I used a spark plug wrench for the main nut, turning it with a box end wrench on the back end. I held the shaft with a 1/4 drive socket using an extension trough the 3/8 opening of the spark plug socket. (push the extension through and snap on the socket. It will slide up inside the spark plug socket nicely.)

It doesn't let you use a torque wrench, but it does hold the shaft while tightening the main nut. Just check it ocaisonally to be sure it stays tight.

I don't recall an issue with the spring length.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information