+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered Member
    Member No: 156452 drmitch is an unknown quantity at this point drmitch's Avatar

Yes | No

Bavarian Auto Recycling horrible

I ordered an OEM chrome shift bezel surround from Bav Auto Recycling. They charged me $20 shipping which I thought was excessive but...OK. The thing came to $80. It got to me missing one of the fake allen heads in the ring AND I had no idea it was such a flimsy, cheap piece of junk. He tells me he told me he wouldn't be shipping it with the bolts...well, I had asked him if it installed using a set screw and THAT was his response to THAT question...these fake allen head heads in this piece are NOT bolts...they are a cosmetic part of the piece. It weighs less than a pound and could've been shipped for $5 and still gotten to me in a couple of days. I called to return it and they tell me they won't give me my money back AND it's 25% restocking fee. I told them I'd pay the restocking fee but I want the rest of my money back. They tell me they can't do that and it's on the back of the invoice. I say they should tell the customer that up front; I won't have the invoice in front of me until AFTER the purchase!!! The guy says "You didn't ask." All after I've spent 5 minutes on hold listening to a recording about how wonderful they are and how it's their customer service that makes them so great and fantastic. "You didn't ask." THAT'S great customer service? That's disingenuous, smarmy, revolting customer DIS-service! This salesguy will not budge. It's all MY fault that the part is incomplete and it's a piece of junk and I didn't know that they won't issue refunds and on and on. So I'm stuck with $60 of store credit that I don't want...I never ever want to do business with them again. I told him I'd be posting my experience here and he didn't care. Any suggestions?

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 69391
    Inner Circle ©136 since: Mar 28, 2005 bimmer2.8 is an unknown quantity at this point bimmer2.8's Avatar

Yes | No

better business bureau

User Level 8
    Member No: 6602 fredr is on a distinguished road fredr's Avatar

Yes | No

I had the oposite experience with Bavarian....more

I ordered a pair of used calipers from them and the price was fair, $80, and the service was good. I have had a disappointing experience with another recycler on trim parts too. I got the console and below dash trim and all the mounting tabs were broken. I even asked that care be taken to not break them at time of order and was assure that care would be taken. Since the console came with all the switches and OBC I let it go and repaired the tabs. This might be a item related problem with all recyclers. They don't have the presonel trained or with interest enough to remove trim correctly. After all I bet they have $30 an hour people doing the work, right? I will never order trim from a recycler, I will remove it myself if possible, or get new from dealer. This might be a good lesson for all of us.
    Fred
    96 1.9 Z3 black/tan/black
    97 M3/4 estoril/gray

thetooth

Yes | No

Re: Bavarian Auto Recycling horrible

Dispute the charge with your credit card company.

Registered Member

Yes | No

taking actions

OK...I've written a letter to the owner since posting which will go out today, registered a complaint with BBB and disputed with my card. What particularly offends me about this was the salesman's smarmy attitude. Telling me the return policy is posted at his counter for all to see is just insulting, since I am obviously not standing at his counter. I don't see this policy on their website. To blame the customer, "You didn't ask", is just the rudest of rude in terms of customer service. I truly hope the owner of the business is one who reads this forum from time to time. And to tell me he's not shipping any bolts with the ring...well, the ring doesn't HAVE any bolts, it clips in! I didn't know THAT either because the aftermarket ones I've seen either have REAL allen bolts or a set screw. I absolutely HATE this kind of treatment of the customer by ANY business. It is inexcusable.

Registered Member
    Member No: 158191 rjhritz is an unknown quantity at this point rjhritz's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: taking actions

I agree with dispute the charge with the credit card company,I have had problems that I disputed and I end up winning with the help of the card company

Registered Member
    Member No: 40215 DaneKane is an unknown quantity at this point DaneKane's Avatar

Yes | No

...ever go to small claims court?..

i seem to recall Bavarian Auto recycling advertising "your Satisfaction is guaranteed" in the Roundel..doesn't sound like yours was(ie: false advertising/unfair trade practice)..Z3 Cheers! dk '97 2.8 bg R

st-pete-z3

Yes | No

Agreed - Credit Dispute Claim

Call your credit card company and file a dispute and they will do the investigations, and hold payment until resolved properly.

Four years ago I was in France and had a diesel auto rental. One day I was in a rush and filled it with unleaded because I wasnít paying attention. Car drove for like 40 miles with no issues and then break down. Well long of the short- Hertz charged me a ton more because I needed a replacement and the rate was higher; not to mention the bogus hidden charges in the tow and repair work. I took blame for the mistake and the drain of the fuel and new sensor, but not the fact they charged more for a replacement. Total bill was like around $900. After calling Hertz and no resolution, called credit card company and in the end I paid for the tow, part & labor. Added amount to the bill was around $300.

What these guys did was bull...

Registered Member

Yes | No

a history of abuse

Take a look at the multitude of stories about Bav Auto at [Oops!], about 3/4 of the way down this page:

http://www.[Oops!].com/forums/showthread.php?t=265695

They are a real bunch of sweethearts. Nice scam they've got going. Send you any part really, right, wrong, working or not. When you want to return it, pocket 25% of your purchase price for "restocking" and keep you on the hook for the balance in "store credit", no refunds. Since they use FedEx to ship, I wonder if this qualifies as mail fraud?

This really is one of my absolute pet peeves. I am honest and ethical. I work hard for my money and I expect honest, ethical behavior from those to whom I give my money. Per suggestions at [Oops!] and here, I have registered complaints with the BBB, my CC, the FTC, the FBI and the State's Attny General. I hope Bav Auto thinks it's worth the 88 bucks they want to screw me out of. Please read those stories at [Oops!] and pass it on to anyone in the BMW community you care about.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Never have, but...

I never have, Dane. I'd like to get a copy of that ad...wouldn't I have to file up north, though? I'm in L.A. If it's an easy enough process, I'd do it. Otherwise, I'll see what my complaints with the FTC, FBI, State's Attny General, BBB and my CC accomplish.

Registered Member
    Member No: 80340 khammack is an unknown quantity at this point khammack's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Never have, but...

You may want to copy Roundel too.

Registered Member

Yes | No

referencing other forums taboo?

What's with the oops! in the posting and URL? We can't refer to another forum here? For those who want to know, the oops substitutes for bimmer rhymes with "rest"...

Registered Member

Yes | No

Did so, thanks...

I took your suggestion and copied my letters to Satch Carlson at Roundel.

Someone at the OTHER forum suggested that if I want my $ back, I could just file the complaint with the CC and forget it. Possibly. But, this is not just about the money. It's about a vendor who has apparently abused the BMW community with impunity for a LONG time and needs to be stopped. From what I've read, they send wrong parts, bad parts, no parts, charge cards without sending merchandise, treat customers rudely...and don't give a damn. They guarantee satisfaction and then lay a return policy on you that benefits NO ONE but Bav Auto. That is not customer satisfaction. And that is not OK.

Registered Member
    Member No: 21597 z3bigdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point z3bigdaddy's Avatar

Yes | No

Yes we hate competition here...

Registered Member
    Member No: 146192 s-retire is an unknown quantity at this point s-retire's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Thanks Sharing Your Experience

You are right it is about more than the $88. It is about vendors who demonstrate that hey give a rip about customer service. Iíve never dealt with Bavarian Auto Recycling, but have considered going there. They do seem to advertise a number of Z3s on E-Bay and they are only an hourís drive for me, butÖ.

After reading your experience, Iíll think long and hard before I make the drive and wonít even consider ordering parts from them over the phone. I'm glad FredR did ok with his mechanical parts.

By the same token, Iíve had good experience with 002 Salvage in Hayward, CA. Too bad they donít have much Z3 stock.

Good luck on your dispute claim with the CC. Even then you wonít wind up with a complete refund, because youíll need to ship the part back and no one else is going pick-up that cost. In the mean time, might I suggest you change your handle on the Board to drmitch the tiger? It appears that the wrecking yard may have one by the tail.

Registered Member

Yes | No

I hope not...

I've gotten invaluable input from both forums and I see some familiar names over there as well. We are all Z3'rs so...I dig the sharing and community. Thanks to you all.

Registered Member
    Member No: 21597 z3bigdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point z3bigdaddy's Avatar

Yes | No

You can hope all you want but I speak the truth.

Registered Member
    Member No: 95616 scottpettit is an unknown quantity at this point scottpettit's Avatar

Yes | No

It is important that we differentiate between..m

Bav Auto Recyclers and Bavarian Auto, the later of which is an incredible company with outstanding customer service.

Scott Pettit
    ZSCCA

Registered Member

Yes | No

I agree. Initial thread reads Recycling

so if I've confused anyone, I apologize. I am most certainly referring to Bav Auto Recycling in Rancho Cordova, CA and NOT Bavarian Autosport, which is indeed a stellar company.

Registered Member
    Member No: 90659 Ja_spurling is an unknown quantity at this point Ja_spurling's Avatar

Yes | No

I've had a generally good experience with them too

I've ordered, a spare 4.10 diff, trailing arms, a shift tower, a window regulator, a transmission cross-member, an air-flow meter, and an idle control valve. All were resonable priced. They're my only source for Z3 parts all the other yards around So-Cal laugh and tell me to pound sand. Used Z3 parts aren't as easy to come by as say e-36 sedan parts. I also know that Joey Gillmore came out from Colorado to purchased a whole uni-body from then.

Ja_

Z3_GoCar Racing
    My Auto Page

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information