+ Reply to Thread
    OregonMTB

Yes | No

Change climate control from Farenheit to Celcius??

It is possible to change the reading on a digital climate control on 96-99 E36 from Far. to Cel.?

DanC-1996M3

Yes | No

Yes, but it requires BMW diagnostic computer

After a few years of having mine in celsius, I had mine changed to fahrenheit while my car was at Turner Motorsport having some work done. They have a BMW GT-1 diagnostic computer. Any dealership can do it, but I'd try to find an independant mechanic in your area that has either a BMW MoDiC II/III or GT1 system. The stealership will charge $100+ just to do this electronic setting change. Turner did it free, as I was having other work done, which was cool of them.

I suppose another option would be to buy a "new" climte control computer ($250), as they come in the default programming of celsius (that's why mine was in C for years). Obviously not an efficient use of funds though. Because the default setting is celsius, I'm sure there are many people out there who'd consider trading units so there's read an F and yours read in C.

danC

Registered Member
    Member No: 49533 95DayVI is an unknown quantity at this point 95DayVI's Avatar

Yes | No

set it on 72 and never touch it..it's climate ctrl

I almost never touch mine, unless I want to pull heat out of the car empatically_______
    GC RTAB shims, RSMs, T/S Coilover with Koni DA f/SA R & 450#f/550#r Eibach ERS
    Eyeball Arm CA mounts
    Sunbelt CAMS w chip for 24# injectors, Euro MAF, Conforti/ITG CAI
    96+ exhaust manifolds
    Euro fLoAtErS, Ferodo DS2500
    accessory UDPs
    M roadster lever
    All done in my garage

corkscrew:Laguna Seca

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information