+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 164042 Sash08 is an unknown quantity at this point Sash08's Avatar

Yes | No

Lower Control Arm Mount

I took my 06 CTS in for what felt like bad shocks, turns out the front left and right bushings were torn. Well, I don't know what a bushing is, but something torn doesn't sound good. They fixed it, and 2 weeks later the lower control arm mount fell out of the spindle. Again, I don't really know what this means other than my car fell forward on the front right side and I could see this "arm" resting on the ground. Some bolt came loose and the arm dropped. Thankfully this happened in front of my house instead of the next morning while I was doing 70 mph.

Has this happened to anyone else? Either the bushings or the control arm falling off b/c a bolt.

And how scared should I be? If I could figure out how, I would post the pictures - a picture really does speak a thousand words.

mark white

Yes | No

Re: Lower Control Arm Mount

Yes, I have a 2005 cts-v and was pulling out of a parking spot near home when I felt something like I was running over something. I stopped immediately and jumped out. The drivers side front wheel was turned sidways and the front of the car on that side had fallen down on to the wheel and tire, crushing the fender, and pulling loose the grill plates and most everything attached to that fender.
    I contacted the dealer that sold me the car and he sent a wrecker that next day. When I picked it up, it was fixed, except they had replaced the control arm with a used one, and never replaced the other one on the other side. I'm now scared to drive the stupid thing.

Registered Member
    Member No: 179299 tam85 is an unknown quantity at this point tam85's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Lower Control Arm Mount

you need to remove the motor mount, there are 3screws that hold it. they are actually studs on the mount with nuts hidden. try to jack up the engine to remove the mount and change the control arm

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information