+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    , ,
    Member No: 38600 iridium8 is an unknown quantity at this point iridium8's Avatar
    Yes | No

Edmunds.com - Is TMV Accurate and Reliable?

A question for everyone out there:

Is the Edmunds.com TMV (True Market Value) pricing accurate and reliable? According to the website, the TMV pricing that they provide is a fairly accurate quote for the area that you're shopping in.

But today, the TMV price for a Mercedes E500 that I got off the website was much much greater (2000 over invoice vs. 2800 under invoice) than what I was offered at the dealer. I didn't even show the salesmen the TMV pricing sheet!

I'll be looking for a 335i in a couple months and with this experience I don't know if I want to be using the Edmunds TMV to guide me in the negotiation process.

, ,

Yes | No

Good question

When I was pricing a GL450 MB, the dealer told me they use TMV to set the price. So what is leading what? I negotiated DOWN from the TMV.

If you look at, for example, a 1997 porsche 993 cabriolet, TMV states about 23k. Look at autotrade and they are in the 40k's. Granted its used, but calls into question what they use for their sources. Is it previous sales, or some form of mathmatical equation/depreciate curve?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information