+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

3rd Annual Dragon Slayers Event this October

I think only two Roadfly members have ever participated in our annual fall trek to the Tail of the Dragon (ToD). Well now you have another opportunity.

Dates 7-11 October. Will be staying in Gatlinburg in log cabins (repeat of method used last year and highly successful) We bring wives and children if they want to come, but the ToD is pretty much a drivers only event each day. But we do plan scenic drives at a leisurely pace (close to speed limit ) for at least Saturday and late afternoon drives on weekdays as well.

So far 13 cars are signed up. Mostly 6ers including one M6, various coups and verts, new M3 (possibly a second if he does not bring M5 like last time), and a sprinkling of other BMW models and vintages.

We come from all over the East and Midwest (Chicago, Princeton NJ, Florida, Mississippi, etc). We may have some California representation as well (he is working on it)

Please email me (click on my name) for more details. We have great fun. Would love to have some new attendees.

_______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 25.02

www.bimmerdrivers.com

Registered Member
    Member No: 111818 chapelhillchuck is an unknown quantity at this point chapelhillchuck's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 3rd Annual Dragon Slayers Event this October

The first Dragon Slayers event was lots of fun and was a real test for both car and driver. Keeping up with the M6 from Canada was the toughfest.

Strongly recommend attending if you have not had an opportunity to tackle curves and hills, not to mention the great group of people that you meet.

Separately, I took my daughter to visit Clemson a couple of weeks ago and convinced her let me take the longer way back to Chapel Hill. We left Clemson going west and caught SC 28 north. After 2 hours of winding roads we arrived at Hilltop NC. A suggestion for those coming from the southeast would be to figure out a way to include NC/SC 28 on your drive to/from the Tail of the Dragon run. Also, it is a great way to get to the BMW factory/museum in Spartenburg from Ashville.

Hoping that my schedule will let me attend this year.

Best to all,
    Chapelhillchuck Chapelhill Chuck

2004 645Cic Sports Package, Premium Sound, XM Radio after market, hot seats, clear bra, Dragon Slayer-2006

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 3rd Annual Dragon Slayers Event this October

Chuck, You are right about SR 28. Many of the bikers we run across also suggest it. I think I only have done it above Franklin, but maybe some below as well. I always make a comment in my video records how 28 is a "warm up" ot teh ToD.

But it is all about the people that come out and play - just a lot of fun people.

I can email you more detailed info if you like. I still have your addy from 2006 trip if it is still good.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 25.02

www.bimmerdrivers.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information