+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 164727 brad_rules is an unknown quantity at this point brad_rules's Avatar

Yes | No

528e dash vent is clogged with leaves

I've got a weird problem: The driver's side vent on my 528e has become almost completely blocked with leaves, from the inside. I could clear them out in no time at all if I could snap out the plastic grill from the vent, but I'm worried that I'm going to break it. Is there an easy way to do this?

KevinD

Yes | No

Re: 528e dash vent is clogged with leaves

Use a long slender screwdriver or wire coat hanger with a small hook on end...break up the dried leaves and vacuum out.

Registered Member
    Member No: 164727 brad_rules is an unknown quantity at this point brad_rules's Avatar

Yes | No

Yeah, I had a feeling I'd end up having to do something like that. Was just wondering if there was a way to remove the front easily, and take care of the problem in 30 seconds.

Registered Member
    Member No: 32960 jimoreno is an unknown quantity at this point jimoreno's Avatar

Yes | No

If you are talking about the dash vent, slide a small flat screwdriver between the outer frame and the vent and carefully pry it out. This should allow you to remove the vent and vacuum it clean.
    I can't imagine how leaves can get past the hood plastic inlet grill (the ones besides the washer fluid nozzles), through the fan inlet(that has more grilles) and the fan itself. You might want to remove the heater fan cover and clean the interior cavity. This is the big black cover behind the engine and is held in place by about 6 to 8 small screws and the hood seal (just pull it up to allow it to come out).
    Good Luck!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information