+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New 750LI

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 71679 DGDDS91 is an unknown quantity at this point DGDDS91's Avatar

Yes | No

New 750LI

Just returned our X5 and picked up our new 2008 750Li in Black Sapphire! What a sweet ride! Any tips for a new 750 owner?
    ThanksDan Long Island N.Y.
    3.0 Black Sapphire,Black Leather,SMG,Nav,Xenons, and all else but extended leather

M5X3

Yes | No

Re: New 750LI

Please help me understand what you purchased. The options you describe don't seem to match a 750. For example the 7 is not sold with a 3 liter six or SMG, and Xenons and Nav are standard in the US. Extended leather might be some kind of special order option but it is not listed on BMWNAs site.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: New 750LI

Sorry for the confusion. I had a Z4 and forgot to change my signature information. I just got a 750LI!Dan Long Island N.Y.
    2008 750LI Black Sapphire, sport package,premium package,luxury seating,premium sound.

BW#4_B7

Yes | No

Welcome !

Dan
    Good luck with your new 7er, its a great car. I am on my 4th E65/E66 and currently have a 2008 Alpina B7.
    This board was once very active full of complaints and how to file a lemon law claim or get a buy back from BMWUSA. Oh those were the days, and we would have many people drop on to tell us how ugly our cars were and how BMW was going to do a full redesign in a year and our cars would be worthless. But the E65/E66 is currently at the top of its game with all the features everyone wanted added and tweaked working at a very high rate if not perfect for most. Also low and behold Lexota and Mercedes copied our ugly design and Audi and Mercedes copied our I Drive.
    As far as tips, there use to be a member that posted a FAQ list of over 100 tips for owners. I will see if its still active.
    A few quick tips
    Keep it in auto sport mode for some fun with some higher rev shifts when youre in an aggressive driving mood. Use the mode button under the radio for quick changes between CD / SAT/ FM etc.
    Use the up arrow on the steering wheel to turn the radio on without pressing the button.
    Load the CD changer with CDs with music in MP3 format, I have over 900 songs on 6 discs and you can see the titles on I-Drive, please note that the in dash player does not support MP3s only the 6 disc changer.
    Set your programmable steering wheel button for Auto Park and use it when stopped for a red-light on a hill.
    Set your logic 7 setting at 7/10ths for best sound, and dont forget to set your EQ, factory default is flat.
    Have the dealer shut off your daytime running lights and than turn parking lights on for angle eye effect.
    Push the I-Drive up to communication and over to the right icon and press down to quickly shut off blue tooth for a privacy call.
    Use the radio volume knob to turn up the volume on a bluetooth call.
    Have a clear 3m bra installed on the nose and head lights if you do allot of highway driving on the LIE to reduce stone chips.
    The little knob in the front inside of the center console will shut off or turn on the rear AC vents, it also allows the center console to have AC.
    Let me know if you have any specific questions

Enjoy

BW#4_B7

Yes | No

pics of #2, #3 and #4

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: pics of #2, #3 and #4

Beautiful cars! What kind of tires do you use in the winter and what size rims?Dan Long Island N.Y.
    2008 750LI Black Sapphire, sport package,luxury seating,premium sound,convenience package, rear entertainment package.

Registered Member
    Member No: 124003 BW2 is an unknown quantity at this point BW2's Avatar

Yes | No

I have a set of Dunlop M3 18" I think they are called mounted on a set of replicas of the 19" OEM BMW rims.
    I have only used them two winters out of the 4 years I owned them. I will probally sell them this year as I do not see them going on my B7.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Are you saying that the car was driveable in the snow the way it is or were you using another vehicle? I have heard that the car is like a sled in the snow!Dan Long Island N.Y.
    2008 750LI Black Sapphire, sport package,luxury seating,premium sound,convenience package, rear entertainment package.

Kung J. LEE

Yes | No

Very beautiful car.

I like your B 7!

Regards,
    Kung J.

Registered Member
    Member No: 36477 XZLR8 is an unknown quantity at this point XZLR8's Avatar

Yes | No

Nice progression, sir!

<small>