+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 71679 DGDDS91 is an unknown quantity at this point DGDDS91's Avatar

Yes | No

Where to mount Valentine 1

Just got my 750LI and want to hardwire my Valentine 1. Where do you mount it on the windshield for best results? Where do you get power from? Can you power directly from a spare fuse terminal? ThanksDan Long Island N.Y.
    2008 750LI Black Sapphire, sport package,luxury seating,premium sound,convenience package, rear entertainment package.

JeffFL745

Yes | No

Re: Where to mount Valentine 1

There are already about 20 threads on this topic...do a search.

Registered Member

Yes | No

The first thing I did was do a search! The threads do not show any good pictures of where to mount the V1 on the windshield!Dan Long Island N.Y.
    2008 750LI Black Sapphire, sport package,luxury seating,premium sound,convenience package, rear entertainment package.

M5X3

Yes | No

There's a trapezoidal cutout in the internal windshield coating at the base of the windshield between the two dashboard instrument sun shields. It's harder to see than the two cutouts to the sides of the rear view mirror, but you can find it by looking from different angles in a bright light. I use the cutouts near the mirror for my toll tag but I found them to small for a detector. I paid a trusted source, recommended by my service advisor, about $50 to hide the wire. He hid the wire along the base of the windshield and ran it to a source than only supplies power when the ignition is on. Iím sorry I canít tell you where he found that source.

BW#4_B7

Yes | No

my way for a V1 hardwire install with remote display. I have had it this way in past 3 7ers
    Its nice and clean and covert

Registered Member

Yes | No

Thanks for your help! Nice install! What did you use for your mount and to where on the car? Also where did you run your power from? I had mine in my Z-4 cigarette lighter with the concealed display! did you drill into the lighter box?Dan Long Island N.Y.

Registered Member

Yes | No

My bad I see you used the suction cup mount! Can you still get it level and be able to adjust your rear view mirror?Dan Long Island N.Y.

Registered Member
    Member No: 124003 BW2 is an unknown quantity at this point BW2's Avatar

Yes | No

The V1 is squeezed between the mirror and the hump in the headliner, I can still adjust the mirror and I have the V1 clearing about 80% of the windshield cut out. The hardwire is tucked under the headliner and down the window frame to under the glove box.
    I never liked using the lower dash windshield cut out, due to the V1 being in plain view as well as the wire. I wanted a clean out of the way semi permanent install.
    The rear coverage is great since it is mounted so high as V1 recommends. I am not sure if I have any front coverage loss due to the partial film on the windshield, but no tickets to date and plenty of speed traps.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Is the V1 horizontal? It looks like it is pointing up in the air rather than straight ahead? On mine it seems really hard to get it level in this position! Also where are you hot wired to? sorry for so many questionsDan Long Island N.Y.

Registered Member
    Member No: 81954 pan is an unknown quantity at this point pan's Avatar

Yes | No

A number of years ago I mounted a V1 on my 2003 745i. Assuming things are still the same with the windshield you do need to find the trapezoidal opening in the metalized film in the windshield. It's hard to see directly you almost have to look at it from an angle and in the right light. If you don't mount the radar detector in this opening no signal coming from the front of the car will be received.

Close up

Earlier mounting instructions

Registered Member

Yes | No

What about people trying to steal it from the car since it is in plain sight?Dan Long Island N.Y.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Can you show me some more pics of your mount of the V1. Explain how you have the V1 wedged in by the mirror. I cant seem to get mine to fit there as you say with 80% sensor going through cut out areaDan Long Island N.Y.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information