+ Reply to Thread
    WVBMWLOVER

Yes | No

1987 528e anything?

I have several questions posted on this forum and have gotten some darn good answers. Simply put, I am looking to fully upgrade my 1987 528e with any goodies I can find i.e. floor mats with BMW logo, Euro headlamps, rear valance, side skirts, wheels, etc. I have looked on the internet but it's hard to find stuff for this car as it is maybe not so popular to upgrade. But it's still a cool car that runs simply great; only 88K orig miles, 2 owners, including me. I found a front air dam and rear spoiler so far. So help is appreciated with many thanks. Dan

TJ

Yes | No

Re: 1987 528e anything?

For euro lights/grills, m-tech side skirts, rear valance, you might have to buy from overseas. Or try Maximillian Importing. BMP Design had some fiberglass versions of the m-tech stuff. I think you can get BMW floormats at the dealer.

For wheels, there are a lot of possibilities. You need a 5x120mm bolt pattern, and the offset should be close to 20mm (if it's more than that you can get spacers). 16" x 7.5"J is a good size for the e28.

Registered Member
    Member No: 164440 WVBMWLOVER is an unknown quantity at this point WVBMWLOVER's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 1987 528e anything?

TJ, o.k. thanks for the info too. I will check the vendor you mention. And thanks for the wheel info too. I was planning on 17" wheels but some are saying 16's are a better choice.

I hope I'm not crazy for wanting to upgrade this particular bimmer. As earlier stated, it was my late father's car and I want to keep it in the family. For me, this is one good way to remember him by.

Cheers.

KevinD

Yes | No

Yes...stick with the 16" and here's a factory...

...link for the wheels along with specs. Click on the wheel pic in the following website for the specs.

http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/

Also, which trunk spoiler did you go with? Any pics of it yet?

WVBMWLOVER

Yes | No

Re: Yes...stick with the 16 and here's a factory...

The air dam and spoiler are both coming of a 1987 535i. I like the smooth look of the air dam and the spoiler lip is just enough to spice it up. Now, if only I can find a rear valance and side skirts and wheels. Working on finding those. Thanks again for the wheel pics link. Wish 17's would work but at everyone elses advice, I will stick with the smaller 16" wheels. Thanks.

Registered Member
    Member No: 58142 ROYinGA is an unknown quantity at this point ROYinGA's Avatar

Yes | No

Style 5 V2 are the standard e38 wheels that work

and are readily available. You do need the right size tires for them.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information