+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 165325 Exton645 is an unknown quantity at this point Exton645's Avatar

Yes | No

New 645CiC Owner

I am the proud new owner of a 2005 645CIC with only 2,800 miles.

Can someone tell me the current i-drive software version as I want to have the dealer do the update before I take delivery.

Thanks

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: New 645CiC Owner

PROGMAN (formerly CIP) v30.00.01 has been released in the last 2 weeks. I got v29.02.00 a couple of weeks ago and not too happy with it. Nothing major, but slower than my v25 I had for over a year.

Welcome. Tell us more about this cabrio jewel. I only have 66k miles on my MY05
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 25.02

www.bimmerdrivers.com

Registered Member
    Member No: 165325 Exton645 is an unknown quantity at this point Exton645's Avatar

Yes | No

Cobradav - Thanks for the info. Have searched through the board and see lots of good information you have provided to others.

2005 645CIC
    Titanium silver with gray top, Cream beige dakota leather
    Only 2,800 miles (kept by former owner at his shore home)
    Sports Package
    SMG Trans
    Heads Up Display
    Active Cruise
    Ambient light
    Logic 7 sound
    Sirius sat

Just no heated seats - UGH! Have to figure a way to retrofit the heated seats so they look like factory! Going to need them in the winter!

Registered Member
    Member No: 156144 flpnout is an unknown quantity at this point flpnout's Avatar

Yes | No

How can I tell or check what version I have?

2008 BMW 135I Alpine White Coupe: Black Leatherette, dark birch wood trim, Sport Package, Automatic w/ paddle shifters, Navigation, Heated Seats, and USB iPod adapter.
    2008 BMW 650I Alpine White Cabrio: Saddle Brown Pearl Leather, Maple Wood Trim, Sport, Cold, Premium Sound Package, HUD, Night Vision, Active Cruise Control, Active Stearing, Lane Departure Warning, and High Beam Assist.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Sorry, Cris, only your dealer can tell you either by maintenace history (if included in records) or by actually putting car on the machine and running a Measures Plan. If you ever go in for service where they do have to trouble shoot also ask for (insist on it) a copy of any diagnostic paperwork they perform you get a copy. While it may be Greek (or BMW speak) to you I can usually translate it into PROGMAN (CIP) version as they usually do not tell you outright which version it is. I post a translator over on the board in my signature in our "Technical Forums". I can also offer an educated guess by knowing the date you last had a software upgrade. And for a really gross estimate, by the features, or lack thereof, of your current system.

_______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 25.02

www.bimmerdrivers.com

Registered Member

Yes | No

That is well speced and what low miles. I have the cold wx package but rarely used here in FLA. But when I go to ToD (NC/TENN) in October it comes in handy ;-)
    _______

www.bimmerdrivers.com

Registered Member

Yes | No

You are just awesome!! I will do that on my next oil service in 15k miles since my car is still new and not even broken in. Since it is a 2008 with a production date of March 2008, I would assume it is pretty recent and not really sure what improvements I would see if there is a newer version. Thanks for the tips.

2008 BMW 135I Alpine White Coupe: Black Leatherette, dark birch wood trim, Sport Package, Automatic w/ paddle shifters, Navigation, Heated Seats, and USB iPod adapter.
    2008 BMW 650I Alpine White Cabrio: Saddle Brown Pearl Leather, Maple Wood Trim, Sport, Cold, Premium Sound Package, HUD, Night Vision, Active Cruise Control, Active Stearing, Lane Departure Warning, and High Beam Assist.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Cris, per SIB 00 01 07 (updated in March 08 and May 08) New 6ers were delivered with v27. v28.00.00 was released in October and 28.00.01 in December. If there were important changes the VPC (Vehicle Processing Center) would have updated car as it passed through on its way to dealer/you. So no older than v27 or newer than v28. I think you are in good shape as I have not heard of any issues with either version.
    _______

www.bimmerdrivers.com

Registered Member

Yes | No

Once again, thanks for looking into it!! Your help is always appreciated by all.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information