+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    BW#4_B7

Yes | No

XZLR8

The SWB is fine on every day use, the boys are now 11 & 14 so their feet actually hit the floor instead of straight forward with feet on the back of the front seats like when they were little. I just came back from a 750-mile drive each way to Kiawah Island SC and the LWB is missed on long trips.

My predication is your in the new 7er by March of next year if not sooner. There is a good chance of an impulse December delivery for you.

Based on the board feed back so far the new model is going to be a quick hit for BMW. By this time last release there was already a lynch mob ready for the designers of the E65. With the new Lexota already on the street and being at least two years from the new Audi A8 or MB S class this car is going to be hot ticket for a while.
    I canít wait to see the magazines singing its praises as a return to heritage for BMW with the Hofmeister kink.
    I can see the core for some really aggressive variations in future years, lets hope another B7Ö

Registered Member
    Member No: 23230 BMWMAN745i is an unknown quantity at this point BMWMAN745i's Avatar

Yes | No

Thats the dumbest comment ive heard yet

It doesnt look like the e65 at all...

Registered Member
    Member No: 135806 roadfly001 is an unknown quantity at this point roadfly001's Avatar

Yes | No

Here are some pics of E65 and F1/F2

Mister Smith

Yes | No

Re: Yeah, like that a lot.

The new 7 does not evoke emotion like the E65 / E66 did. I remember people who were as vocal as I have ever seen from the 7 series crowd (a normally reserved bunch). One side used words like "hate" and phrases like "I'll never buy a BMW again", all while the car sold more units than any 7 before it by a significant margin. For the first time in my life, I actually heard polarized dialogue about a chief designer (Chris Bangle) and how BMW should make him refund their money. He was said to be the worst designer ever among other non-flattering descriptives. Now, every other foreign automaker has copied his designs and as a result made the landscape of cars more exciting. So much so that there have even been folks here who at times have considered Lexus, Mercedes, Infiniti and other brands that reaped the benefits of Bangle's design genius. The bar was raised by the E65. Too bad BMW decided once again to fade into design obscurity. Let's hope for those of us "in the know" the driving dynamics are at least as good as the current 7, if not better. PEACE!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information