+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered Member
    Member No: 29003 AR67Duetto is an unknown quantity at this point AR67Duetto's Avatar

Yes | No

Official pics of new 7 Series

<center>

</center>

For more pics & info,

Auto Motor und Sport - article
    Auto Motor und Sport - Fotoshow

Autocar

<font color= white>
    .</font color>
    ~bmv

Registered Member
    Member No: 106975 thx_yhoo_4_745Li is an unknown quantity at this point thx_yhoo_4_745Li's Avatar

Yes | No

hehe i beat you to it :)

check out also:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-7-series.html

-- 2006 750i, European Delivery , De-badged , 20" style 32 BMW wheels , hardwired V1 and custom programmed, Nokia 6230 (fw 5.50) paired and cradled. Options/Pkgs: Sport pkg, Luxury Seating Pkg, Convinience Pkg, Premium Audio Pkg, Comfort Access, Power Rear Shades, Sat radio. European front plate

2003 Porsche 911 996 C2 Cabriolet 6spd. Power seats. Heated Seats. Xenon. Bose Surround Sound. SmartTOP. RemoteTOP. V1 hardwired. ROW M030. Aspheric mirrors.

Registered Member
    Member No: 29003 AR67Duetto is an unknown quantity at this point AR67Duetto's Avatar

Yes | No

Oh? Where were you on June 23rd? =8^)

Re: this post, yeah, sorry about that.

Yours wasn't there when I clicked on "Post New Message". In the interim, I was busy formatting the pics & links, instead of just posting a simple link to the pics.

<marquee><i>How 'bout a little something, ya know, for the effort</i></marquee>

Again, my apologies.

Anyway, what I find funny is what's happened as a result to my related post, from the 23rd of last month, F01-02 7 Series tease. Note number of thread views.

After the first 6 days, IIRC, the count was ~100. Fairly decent, given the general activity here of late. Then things exploded.

On the 30th, evidently, bmwblog.com agreed with my analysis, in *their* work: BMW 7 Series Teaser

Your worldcarfans.com link cites as a source this thread on 7post.com...Which appears to have piggyback'd bmwblog.com...Whom, apparently, likes to come here for good info. ;-)

Looks like it's come full circle... <font color= white>
    .</font color>
    ~bmv

Registered Member
    Member No: 36477 XZLR8 is an unknown quantity at this point XZLR8's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Official pics of new 7 Series

You know, the profile seems very similar to the E65/66, although it might be less so in the metal. I see a bit of 6er and a bit of Maserati in the front and (more than) a bit of Lexus LS in the rear. Man, those tail lights look bad.

I'm anxious to see a Sport-pkg equipped car, though, as eliminating chrome is always a plus. I'm assuming that chrome strip across the lower portion of the front will be removed with the Sport-pkg.

There's a 36 page press release on AutoSpies that has some interesting information in it, too.<small>
    '08 BMW 650i Sport -- TitaniumSilver/Black
    '07 BMW X5 4.8i Sport -- SpaceGray/Black

Registered Member
    Member No: 135806 roadfly001 is an unknown quantity at this point roadfly001's Avatar

Yes | No

Is that the new BMW lexus ?

BW#4_B7

Yes | No

Finally ! Now can we have a new F01/F02 board !

First impression, I am ok with i. Realizing what we are seeing is the equivalent of the first 2002 E65 in Toledo blue with 18" wheels.
    These press release photos are going to be geared toward the mainstream non-sport, non-aggressive colors and options.
    I am not seeing the rumored I-Pod style controller on the steering wheel for I drive interface.

Here’s to something new to talk about after 7 years.

Cheers !

Now lets get a new board and see who gets the first delivery.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Wheels...

I agree with you about wanting to see some better colors and the Sport-pkg. Show me something in silver w/ shadowline trim and I think I'll be hooked.

I did read the press release (available on AutoSpies) that details a lot of interesting things from the tech side. In the release, though, it was indicated that the car comes with 18" A/S tires, but two 19" rims were available. Nothing any larger. I thought that was odd, since my E65 Sport came with 20s. Of course, they were obnoxiously loud 20s, so maybe that's the issue.

Anyway, glad to see some pics...

[As a side note, how's the B7 been treating you?]<small>

MBkiller

Yes | No

Re: Wheels...

I like what I see so far, but I'm not crazy about the wheels. Seems like BMW's goal recently is to make boring but extremely difficult to clean wheels. I'd like to see something with a deep dish and and polished lip like my 101's, which I will miss dearly.

scottw

Yes | No

Looks like my 2004!

BW#4_B7

Yes | No

Re: Wheels...

The B7 has been flawless and exciting, 0 regrets. Don’t ask me how but I will be turning 8,000 miles this week.
    While the photos of the new one gave me the “The I want the new one feeling" There is allot of stuff being held back for future releases like AWD. So I am hoping they allow a sport pkg / lwb / awd.
    The four wheel steering sounds like a great idea on such a long car, especially at low speed maneuvers. Docking the Queen Mary has never been easy. I am surprised that Rolls and Bentley have not given AWS a try.
    I was on the Rolls web site last night, they made the Phantom into a sporty hard top coupe, and it has full auto closing front doors.
    Its also interesting how BMW has jumped into the turbo game after so many years of having normally aspirated engines and staying our of the horsepower war.
    There is something to be said about competition keeping you on your toes. I am guessing you will be first.

Registered Member
    Member No: 135806 roadfly001 is an unknown quantity at this point roadfly001's Avatar

Yes | No

Nicer pic

Registered Member
    Member No: 106975 thx_yhoo_4_745Li is an unknown quantity at this point thx_yhoo_4_745Li's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Nicer pic

this is what an M7 should look like :)

--2006 750i, European Delivery , De-badged , 20" style 32 BMW wheels , hardwired V1 and custom programmed, Nokia 6230 (fw 5.50) paired and cradled. Options/Pkgs: Sport pkg, Luxury Seating Pkg, Convinience Pkg, Premium Audio Pkg, Comfort Access, Power Rear Shades, Sat radio. European front plate

2003 Porsche 911 996 C2 Cabriolet 6spd. Power seats. Heated Seats. Xenon. Bose Surround Sound. SmartTOP. RemoteTOP. V1 hardwired. ROW M030. Aspheric mirrors.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Nicer pic

The F01-02 did get the 3D Hofmeister kink from the Concept CS -> kewl!

<center>
    </center> <font color= white>
    .</font color>
    ~bmv

Registered Member

Yes | No

A nice video...

I like seeing it in motion. You know, I'd love to see to some side-by-side pictures with the E65, because the hood on the new one looks so loooooong. The moonroof looks enormous, too.<small>

Registered Member

Yes | No

Glad you're enjoying the B7.

Have you adjusted to the SWB? Have the kids?

I'm excited about the new 7. My 6 lease is up in the fall of 2009, so I will probably wait until then, which would put me at the beginning of the '10 model year. Unless I see it in the metal and fall in love early, of course. I'm a little peeved at you, though, because weren't YOU supposed to be the idiot getting all the kinks worked out for the rest of us?<small>

Registered Member

Yes | No

Yeah, like that a lot.

My only real complaint at this point is the look of the taillights. My mother drives a new LS460 that looks just a little TOO similar for my comfort level.<small>

MOSFET's

Yes | No

Re: A nice video...

All right!! The background music did it. It's so touching! SOLD!!!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 124197 Kaptain is an unknown quantity at this point Kaptain's Avatar

Yes | No

looks too much like the last one

Are the European Pedestrian Safety Regulations to blame for the blunt grille?

http://www.automedia.com/Pedestrian_...sm20050401ps/1

Registered Member

Yes | No

E34 has a much better flow

Registered Member

Yes | No

why does it have Lexus LS exhaust tips?

why not the iconic exhausts on the left?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information