+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Accident =(

mathy

Yes | No

Accident =(

Hi all,

I got into an accident a couple weeks ago, where I jumped a curb on the passenger side at about 40 mph, crossed the road, and jumped a curb on the drivers side at about 25 mph. (I had lost control of the car ... long story.)

Anyway, as a result of the accident, the shield for the front passenger brake rotor was bent and making a hellish screaming noise. Once that was fixed, I noticed some other problems.

When the car is in motion, I hear a slight metal-on-metal scraping noise coming from the front passenger wheel area. When I apply the brakes, the noise increases in pitch, and also increases slightly in volume. It's nowhere near as loud as the shield noise though.

Also, when I apply the brakes there is a bit of a clunky feel, as though for each revolution of the wheel something in the brakes is sticking.

I'm going to take the front passenger tire off today to have a look around. Thinking of checking the pads and rotors ... anything else I should check out?

Thanks.

mathy

Yes | No

Re: Accident =(

Yeah front right rotor has quite a bit of scoring, and while turning the wheel there is one spot where it seems to have a bit more friction.

Also the break pads are pretty much worn to the metal. Whoops ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information