+ Reply to Thread
    John England

Yes | No

Looking at a 77" 530

Hi all. I owned an E28 85" 535i euro conversion and now have 2 E30's 85" 318i sedan and 91" 325ix coupe. I've always wanted an E12. I like the bigger motors best. I've got my hooks in a 77" 530. How hard is it to get parts for these? Will an M30 3.4 liter bolt up? How do you like the engine managnment and ignition control on the L-jet as apposed to the M-jet on the E28? More to come.

I have a feeling this is a level headed bunch as is largely the case on the E28 board. Now the E30 board, That's a whole different animal. Look forward to cooperating with you all.

FloydR

Yes | No

Re: Looking at a 77 530

I had a '77. I do know that the bigger engines will just bolt in since they're the same block. I removed the thermal reactors and did some mild head work and was probably around 200hp after that; was quite fast and needed a 5-speed.

I never had any problems with the L-Jetronic over 10 years of ownership. I think it would be problematical to put the M-Jet onto the '77.

I don't know how parts are now; it's been 15 years since I had one. Be sure to check the steering box, arms and pivot. Look really close for rust, especially near the wheel arches.

Registered Member
    Member No: 129993 Earlyshark is an unknown quantity at this point Earlyshark's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Looking at a 77 530

Go to first 5's, they have all your answers, including updating to later L-jet ('79-'81) motor conversions and 5 speed updates. Get rid of those f'ng thermal reactors. I have a complete '81 528i L-jet including wiring, exhaust manifolds, computer and intake that I may sell. I may use it on a 2800CS. Exhaust manifolds are later model like 533/535/633/733.

User Level 1
    Member No: 191700 Wirelessprofessional is an unknown quantity at this point Wirelessprofessional's Avatar

Yes | No
    Still have parts?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 99.41.225.157

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information