+ Reply to Thread
    AJ KEY

Yes | No

Asking for opinions and advice...

Hello,

Im dipping in from the Bimmer board. I have been in this pickle before and here I am again with the delema.
    Before it was a choice between buying a BMW 8, or a 348ts. I drove both and the BM was much more practicle as a daily driver so I bought it. I now own a Benz and the Bimmer but Im gonna be working in Germany for a while and I have convinced my wife to let me buy a two seater to use for the few years that Im there. Im looking at the 348, the 987, 986, Z4, and Z3 or Z1. All of which have there specific benifits but I want a car that I can feel passionate about. The only two that fit that bill are the new Boxter 987 for its ergonomics and lower maintenance, and the 348 becuase of its looks and Ive always wanted a Ferrari and now its within reach. I wanna spend no more than 40g euro. So from first hand experiance what would you guys, gals recommend.

Registered Member
    Member No: 168884 NealinPDX is an unknown quantity at this point NealinPDX's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Asking for opinions and advice...

Well, this comes way too late, I'm new to the community but here is 2 cents worth:

Lower maintenance, as noted, goes to the German cars. HOWEVER, for looks, performance, and retained value for the car, I'd say Ferrari. The 348 is the best iteration of what began as the "308 Dino" and, while not in the "super car" category of the later Porsche offerings, will provide hours of driving pleasure.

As long as your ego does not demand you be able to pass *everything* on the road, you will find the 308 - and derivitive models in that series to be very reliable cars that will hold their value - and even appreciate. Read Sports Car Market magazine - their assessment is nearly any Ferrari is beyond a mere car and most become more like a commodity. If properly maintained, it should at the very least retain value, if not appreciate depending on market conditions. How many other cars can make that claim?

Finally, the beauty of this model is that it is not "over computerized" to the point that once replacement computers are no longer available, the car simply becomes a piece of static sculpture. That in itself is a point to seriously merit consideration of the car.

Others may disagree, that is IMO....

All the best,
    Neal

Registered Member
    Member No: 169819 msq8 is an unknown quantity at this point msq8's Avatar

Yes | No

I have had a 348 for over a year now... I love the car. If you are at all handy, there are a LOT of things you can do yourself on the car, and not be tied to taking to the shop anytime there's a problem. I actually haven't had many problems... my alternator went out about six months ago, but not only removed it myself, but rebuilt the alternator itself from very informative posts found on FerrariChat.com, where I am a member.

Having said all that... obviously, you need to get something that makes you smile every time you start it... and that's what my Ferrari does for me...

Mike in Kuwait

R.L. Ferari

Yes | No

There is a tempature controlled switch on the bottom of the radiator expansion tank, on 82 308GTSi, that goes over to a valve on the engine manifold. There appears to be two inputs and one output or visa versa. My question is on the side with two hose receivers, should there be rubber hose on both inputs? It appears I might be missing a hose and I am not sure where it should go. I have a feeling that it might be for emissions, but not sure.
    Looking for any advice.

Registered Member
    Member No: 116759 BeemCi is an unknown quantity at this point BeemCi's Avatar

Yes | No

Wow AJ.. Know you from the 8 forum. I'm considering one also.. 308 Dino. Would like to hear what you decide on.

Registered Member
    Member No: 183335 michelleee is an unknown quantity at this point michelleee's Avatar

Yes | No

Hello,
    Right now i don't have enough information about it. but many of my friends have better knowledge about this. so i will ask from them and then i will tell you.

thanks!!

User Level 1
    Member No: 201883 thanes1 is an unknown quantity at this point thanes1's Avatar

Yes | No
    I would recommend the California 30 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv5wtbeJM5M

It's the cheapest on the market and drives great!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 31.171.135.97

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information