+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 70778 trubaj is an unknown quantity at this point trubaj's Avatar

Yes | No

Anyone in NJ see a 750il???

Has anyone in NJ seen a 01 750il at Lencore Motors in Patterson? It has 16K miles on it but they want too much money...I'm wondering if this ride is legit. The photos on line look good but I'm weary.

lapdog

Yes | No

they've been trying to sell for a LONG time.

this car has sat for a long time. driven less than 200 miles in 2 years

the gas is gummed, i'm willing to bet the code showing in the pic is a misfire from clogged injectors.

$$$$$$ to fix

Registered Member
    Member No: 70778 trubaj is an unknown quantity at this point trubaj's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: they've been trying to sell for a LONG time.

Thanks Lapdog....I've been curious about this one for a while and have been watching it sit. I called on it and they said the former owner had other high end vehicles and didn't drive this much and then traded it in at a dealer, they bought it from the dealer....I didn't see the code indicator in the pictures...

pass427

Yes | No

Re: Anyone in NJ see a 750il???

Lencore have sold a lot of low mileage vehicles within the last two years the owner seem to have a thing about getting low mileage cars 750il, S600 etc. his prices are defiantely way more than the current value of the car. A friend of my bought a 01 750il from him about two years ago with 32k miles and he paid 27k. they are a reputable dealer but my only concern is a 7yr old car with 16k miles have been sitting for a while and will need a lot of work in terms of the hoses etc to get it truely road worthy.

Mark M

Yes | No

Re: Anyone in NJ see a 750il???

Have a good inspection done by your tech. These cars sit because of what they are. They have a very limited buyer pool. The good news for you is the longer it sits the better buying position you are in. I would get a warranty though. A 750il can become a money pit very quickly.

nathan E.

Yes | No

I have one!

I have a 96' BMW 750IL and it's great. Mine has 192,000mi and runs great. I have a issue here and there but who doesn't. I would neve buy a car that old with hardly no miles... I wouls feel ripped off. I would check to see if any of the parts look worn from use. 1700mi per year is like having a corvette living in Alaska. Something is worng with that.

-nathan E.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information