+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 51648 TamsDaMan is an unknown quantity at this point TamsDaMan's Avatar

Yes | No

Only Two Options Can Exist

Either our cars have become more reliable with age or there are a lot fewer of them on the road. This board is not as active as it used to be when I was 14-16... damn... have I been driving my car that long? Sigh. Oh well. My insurance premium cannot be beat.

Registered Member
    Member No: 163612 P0071 is an unknown quantity at this point P0071's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Only Two Options Can Exist

I think they are both reliable and MIA...you are right, though, this board used to look like 'instant messenger' when I was looking for and bought my car in 2001-2002. You still see the usual suspects/well-versed guys chime in when folks need help, though.

I remember when every other post was 'buy a Bentley', becuase there were soooo many questions and a lot of redundancy.

Registered Member
    Member No: 104608 cue37 is an unknown quantity at this point cue37's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Only Two Options Can Exist

My mechanic swears up and down that the e28 is the best car that BMW made. I have a 5 speed 535is. My odometer stopped working a while back.
    My mileage has to be over 250K. The car drives like a dream. Not the fastest car out there, but a dream to drive.
    I recently rebuilt the suspension, and given the car the big brake, upgrade, nice wheels (205/55/16), and a fresh major tune up.
    I have noticed fewer out there too. I do believe they are becoming a classic,and the numbers are dwindling fast.

Ray7er6ers5er3er

Yes | No

Once they're maintained nothing ever goes wrong!

It IS the best BMW ever made...none of the plastic crap like on my e36 or e38. Want something to do? Just buy one of those LOL. It will keep you busy playing catch up for a while.
    Notice how few e28s there are for sale these days? When set up right, they are as good as driving gets for me.

Ray7er6ers5er3er

Yes | No

PS I could jump in mine right now & drive cross

country...full speed without even checking the tire pressures or oil. Once ou get all those 'stupid' sensors 'refreshed', and really tune them right, they are exceptional, super cars. (With a chip and my upgrades I've run her up to 134, & still had 'go')One of the best engines EVER made IMHO. My M635 is a rocket, but in reality only a couple of seconds faster...and how often do you go 155 MPH.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information